• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Chanel Pour Monsieur for a date in family court. Also, hadn't worn this since January
eek.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Chanel Pour Monsieur for a date in family court. Also, hadn't worn this since January
eek.gif

you brought your date to family court?
facepalm.gif
Way to rub it in for the ex!
devil.gif

I usually just go for a restaurant but you've taken this thing to a whole new level
fistbump.gif

today - Varvatos Vintage... I'm actually quite liking this, I might even get a bottle. I'm pleasantly surprised.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cannabis Rose

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Geranium pour Monsieur. I thought I would like this, but I love it. Soft minty floral with a subtle sandlewood base. This would be a perfect scent for a gorgeous spring day. Very dreamy. Too bad it is $200+ for 100ml. Maybe I should try and put a split together, but this seems like a very niche scent.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
Geranium pour Monsieur. I thought I would like this, but I love it. Soft minty floral with a subtle sandlewood base. This would be a perfect scent for a gorgeous spring day. Very dreamy. Too bad it is $200+ for 100ml. Maybe I should try and put a split together, but this seems like a very niche scent.
When I tried it I got all the minty floral and none of the sandalwood.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
^^^I had read that it was a light scent so I applied half of my sample bottle
laugh.gif
I could definitely smell a really nice sandalwood, but it is not a long lived scent. But I want more! I would say it is a crack scent but you'd take it the wrong way
smile.gif

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
can anyone explain to me the scent of sandalwood? i hear it all the time , i may already know the scent but just never defined it. i googled it but it doesnt really help if not described in a way here that i may be familiar to. thanks.

Any place that sells incense will have sandalwood incense. Buy a stick and burn it. It is one of the original incense (incenses?).

70gransport

Reaction score
This morning Lacoste essential which hadn't been worn in forever and a day.

This evening called for a shave, Geo F Trumper sandalwood shave soap with Caswell & Massey Sandalwood aftershave balm.

The scent has a woody fragrence to it, yet to me it seems fresh or maybe light (hard to describe). For some reason it makes me think of the beach, not sure why but it might be the reason why I enjoy this scent.

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Bleu de Chanel - described as having a "woody aromatic fragrance" and "a provocative blend of citrus and woods". I can get into the "woody" theme - what guy doesn't want one? A reasonably decent stinkum.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cretaceous_cretin
Bleu de Chanel - described as having a "woody aromatic fragrance" and "a provocative blend of citrus and woods". I can get into the "woody" theme - what guy doesn't want one? A reasonably decent stinkum.

It smells fairly sweet (the two words that immediately came to mind were "spring" and "fruity" [in the food sense]) on me. I'm not getting much is the way of "woody." That said, I really enjoy it, and combines wonderfully.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
Havana by Aramis, but an older 70's vintage purchased off of Crystal Flacon. Kind of similar to Equipage in that it is a floral patchouli, but also has spicy notes (cumin, pepper, corriander - could swear I smell a bit of cinnamon as well), and added richness with the addition of vanilla in the base. Definitely a State Dinner kind of frag.
I hope they didn't price it or market it as a "70's vintage," considering Havana didn't come out until the mid 1990's. In any case, it's good stuff. The re-release is the same as the original, and you can get it at Bloomy's and elsewhere for ~$50 for 100mls. I also recommend JHL.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, something else I've not worn in a long while: Cuir de Lancome. A bit more floral and womanly than I usually go for, but still quite good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads