• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
****UPDATE****
that was quick, sold them in about 20 minutes.

LOL because you were asking 20% of what they were worth, maybe less depending on condition.

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
Two pair of shoes today neither are my size but i could not just leave them there. Im gonna make a post in the trading thread tonight with everything i've got up for trade.
Allen Edmonds Orleans 13 A
DSC_0370.jpg

Drop me a PM with how much you're looking to get for these bad boys. I'd love to rock these things.

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Finally back with a worthwhile post; I think I lucked out today. I'm going to withhold what I paid for them for the sake of possible (1) embarrassment if they aren't authentic and (2) resale. I sort of love them all (especially the two on the left) but don't see myself ever wearing any of them except for the YSL. Can anyone give me some info on these? I don't know much about Hermes. Curious what the tags are for; they don't have prices on them. EDIT: Sorry for the poor image quality. More come daylight.
4rcf3t.jpg
sch0er.jpg

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tomorrowstars;4212490 said:
Finally back with a worthwhile post; I think I lucked out today. I'm going to withhold what I paid for them for the sake of possible (1) embarrassment if they aren't authentic and (2) resale. I sort of love them all (especially the two on the left) but don't see myself ever wearing any of them except for the YSL.

Can anyone give me some info on these? I don't know much about Hermes.

. . . gotta do research, mate. Hermes is one of the most luxurious designers in the world! If those are real, great score. I'm not a big Hermes fan but those will sell! I'd contact Spoo b/c I think he's a Hermes fan

Cheers

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
Finally back with a worthwhile post; I think I lucked out today. I'm going to withhold what I paid for them for the sake of possible (1) embarrassment if they aren't authentic and (2) resale. I sort of love them all (especially the two on the left) but don't see myself ever wearing any of them except for the YSL.

Can anyone give me some info on these? I don't know much about Hermes. Curious what the tags are for; they don't have prices on them.

If you go back in this thread a couple of weeks I asked the same question and there was a couple of very useful links provided.

mike540

Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
001-1.jpg
]

Originally Posted by csoukoulis
Here are the C&J (pretty sure theyre C&J have to verify before selling though) for Polo shoes
013.jpg

Good God! And both are in my size. I have no money, will you be needing a vital organ soon? I have 2 of most.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
I'd contact Spoo b/c I think he's a Hermes fan

Cheers

Who tol' ya?

Originally Posted by tomorrowstars

Can anyone give me some info on these? I don't know much about Hermes. Curious what the tags are for; they don't have prices on them.

Holyfuckingshit. Nice score dude. They are factory fresh Hermes. Like, those tags are on the ties in the store right now. Not Neimans, not anywhere else, like Hermes boutique tags. Thats insane. The sheep jumping fences is a good one, I sold a few of those last year for like $165 each. The other geometrics are nice too, maybe you can get $100-$125 each on ebay on a good day for them. The factory tags will get you like another 20% at LEAST on your sale price, if you are selling. Or you could just give me the one on the right for being a good guy
biggrin.gif

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What passes for a good day thrifting in this overcast sartorial wasteland: BNWT BB repp tie, another recent BB repp tie in excellent condition and an off brand tie whose name I cannot even say aloud on the forum (hint: rhymes with "Oseph Jabboud") but was actually in a pretty sharp pattern.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWGP
Not one, not two, but THREE NWT Hermes, new styles too, not just hanging in someone's closet for ages with tags on it?

I think you've got Frenchy beat (at least on the ties)! Congrats! Those will sell like hotcakes.

The sheep was from '09.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
How do you know this stuff?
eh.gif

He's Spoo!

If Spoo was a woman, we'd all want to get at her. However, he's not. So . . . we all want to be like him.

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeH
I haven't yet started limiting suspenders by brand - I hardly ever come across any that are even branded. I pick up what looks nice, picked up a pair this morning in fact. Other than Thurston, which I see talked about on SF, what are some other nice brands, and how are they labeled? The most I find is "Made in England" on the hardware. Mike
they say on the hardware, i run into alot of the ones that say made in england on the hardware, i personally like the Dooney and bourke ones, they're really nice. hard to find since dooney and bourke changed their brand over from belts and suspenders to handbags for women ALso: hit 5 stores today Got an UnderArmour Polo For $6.99 Never really find much dressy stuff in thrifts like you guys, but im finding some pretty nice workout fear : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads