• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MF killer. I like the red toque, reminds me of some Steve Zissou ****.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
LOL. I had to google "tyrone biggums". I like the parka eventhough the blue/yellow hoody is a bit too school boy. The +J uniqlo blue parka is the one I'll be getting and is more like my style.

mikey, the oxford shirt is by jcrew. For $20 its better than uniqlo.

I assume you wear an xs? How is the length on those?

Najee D.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
wtf, why would you cut the sleeves off a type when denim vests are ubiquitous as hell and MUCH less expensive (i.e. there are atleast 2 in every thrift store everywhere, and 10000 more on ebay with buy it nows of 3$)
I wanted to. I wore one today under the Woolrich parka with the sleeves fully intact just for you, brother. 'Twas a Type A repro that was purchased a few years back for under $10. But mainly because I wanted to.

saelan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
too early for white pants? Spring needs to be here now!

5509848276_916a9625d0_z.jpg

inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

kwoyeu

Reaction score
shamelessly cross-poasting from mc (i don't even know where in mc to post this kind of question!):

test1.jpg

Apologies for the bad quality pics. I'm in a rush to decide whether to return this or to have it altered and couldn't find a good camera/lighting source nearby

this is a bluish-grey worsted wool suit from spurr in size 36R (made by Hickey Freeman I think). I really like the color and texture and how it fits fairly slim in the body. However I usually wear 34 jackets which have shoulders of approximately 16-16.5. The shoulders on this suit jacket is a bit over 17 (typical of 36s I guess). Also I'm 5'8"" so I'm a bit concerned that this suit might be a bit too long for me (it's a 36R).

Putting things in a list:
  • I really like its color and texture
  • Finding quality RTW suits in 34S/R is extremely difficult for me (let alone quality suits on sale; I got this one at 70% off but it is 36). I don't want to buy zara 34 or boy-sized suits (sleeves too short).
  • The shoulders are bit too wide (1 inch-ish) for me.
  • Possibly the jacket is also a tad too long for me? This I'm really not sure
  • I'm willing to spend upwards of $300 for tailoring (and I live in NYC and just a few blocks from Stanton Tailor if that matters). I know from reading old posts that altering shoulders are often expensive and not worth it and that altering length can throw off the balance of the jacket (for reference the length of this suit jacket is 28.5 and I'm 5'8)
  • Another option is for me to bulk up and become wider in the shoudlers through body building. I want to keep an open mind about this route (since it sucks to have to be always looking for 34s), but I dont know how realistic it is to expect my shoudler to grow from 16 to 17?

So if you were in my position would you return it for $399 or have it altered? Comments about shoulders fit (are they obviously ill-fitting?) / length / body etc? Any input is much appreciated (again, sorry about the bad lighting and the poor quality pics!).

edit: just to add some relevant info this is a stock photo of the suit
lg.jpg

kwoyeu

Reaction score
mellow that parka looks awesome. how much did that run you if you don't mind me asking (you kopped it from warehouse as I recall)? I've been waiting for further reduction on that parka at several e-stores (all at roughly $700-$800 right now) but it just never gets reduced...

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
shamelessly cross-poasting from mc (i don't even know where in mc to post this kind of question!):

http://128.122.70.62/tmp/test1.jpg

Apologies for the bad quality pics. I'm in a rush to decide whether to return this or to have it altered and couldn't find a good camera/lighting source nearby

this is a bluish-grey worsted wool suit from spurr in size 36R (made by Hickey Freeman I think). I really like the color and texture and how it fits fairly slim in the body. However I usually wear 34 jackets which have shoulders of approximately 16-16.5. The shoulders on this suit jacket is a bit over 17 (typical of 36s I guess). Also I'm 5'8"" so I'm a bit concerned that this suit might be a bit too long for me (it's a 36R).

Putting things in a list:
[LIST]
[*]I really like its color and texture

[*]Finding quality RTW suits in 34S/R is extremely difficult for me (let alone quality suits on sale; I got this one at 70% off but it is 36). I don't want to buy zara 34 or boy-sized suits (sleeves too short).

[*]The shoulders are bit too wide (1 inch-ish) for me.

[*]Possibly the jacket is also a tad too long for me? This I'm really not sure

[*]I'm willing to spend upwards of $300 for tailoring (and I live in NYC and just a few blocks from Stanton Tailor if this is relevant). I know from reading old posts that altering shoulders are often expensive and not worth it and that altering length can throw off the balance of the jacket (for reference the length of this suit jacket is 28.5 and I'm 5'8)

[*]Another option is for me to [B]bulk up[/B] and become wider in the shoudlers through body building. I want to keep an open mind about this route, but I dont know how realistic it is to expect my shoudler to grow from 16 to 17?

[/LIST]

So if you were in my position would you return it for $399 or have it altered? Comments about shoulders fit (are they obviously ill-fitting?) / length / body etc? Any input is much appreciated (again, sorry about the bad lighting and the poor quality pics!).

edit: just to add some relevant info this is a stock photo of the suit
[IMG]http://cdn1.gilt.com/images/share/uploads/0000/0000/5293/52933334/lg.jpg

That shirt doesn't fit with that suit at all. Pair it with something lighter, khacki or camel, or a summer material.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can't tell if it fits. do the robot pose.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
That shirt doesn't fit with that suit at all. Pair it with something lighter, khacki or camel, or a summer material.
you mean paring the shirt (not the suit) with something lighter, right? Sounds like a good idea (I've been trying unsuccessfully to find something in my wardrobe to wear that shirt with). Will give it a shot tomorrow.

Originally Posted by thatoneguy
you really tried to copy the stock photo
baldy[1].gif

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
can't tell if it fits. do the robot pose.
ugh exactly what I was worried about ... gotta take a better pic when I get home
ffffuuuu.gif

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
edit: queue 5+ page argument about the stylishness of New Balances.

to each his own but allow me to add that (1) half the secretaries in my office wear NB when commuting, then they switch into "nice" shoes once they arrive and (2) I wore them recently to fix the fence and to sump out a clogged drain.

as I said to each his own.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tumblrlertbrymlh1qbji82.jpg
a cool 62 degrees. chillin at the lake, feelin gangsta. ^^I ated this at the olive garden. it's a breadstick. w+h ervell isaac mizrahi x dior cp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads