• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Very Best Hot Sauce.......

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
Castillo
Castillo-Habanera_Red__65847_zoom.jpg

El Yucateco
1116-2T.jpg

The Sauce Enhancer
LiquidSpiceBottle_Layout1.jpg

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
a few years ago I spent a couple of weeks on Ambergris Caye and was introduced to Marie Sharp's brand Habanero hot sauce... they had one that was carrot-based. Delicious!

41yNvnlm4fL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yeah dude - I order this by the case. Absolutely the best hot sauce I've ever had.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More of a specialty sauce but I love this poured over roasted chicken for some thing different. Great flavor, not too hot. I've been going through bottles of it.

Unknown.jpg

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
It depends. A cold pack needs to be refrigerated and shelf life is a month to a few months generally speaking. I use a hot pack method and when I bottle it up I also hot pack that. Since a restaurant is using my stuff it has to be prepared in an inspected kitchen and I use FDA recommended procedures. Shelf life of my stuff is years and requires no refrigeration after opening.

Since you've been in the game for a while, any reccs on recipies to begin with? I noticed the NYT one posted earlier, but was wondering if you have any ideas on the types of bottle to use, what technique will allow for longer storage, and other tid bits.
I personally like a hotsauce with more flavor than heat and for the most part hate sauces that are just inundated with vinegar(franks comes to mind).

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
I love tabasco chipotle hot sauce...amazing

Can't believe it took that many posts for some one to say this. Still, I love me some sriracha (current fav for quesadillas) as well as Cholula and tapatio. I worked with a Hispanic guy once who would ask for tapatio sauce in whatever restaurant we ate lunch at ( burger, Italian...). This being southern California, the inevitable Hispanic cooks in the kitchen always had some to bring out for him

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some of this in yo life:
CCT-CLS4.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I tried this the other day for the first time because of this thread. It is awesome. I'll be back.
Still can't find this **** anywhere. Can anyone tell me the nutritional facts from the label please?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Still can't find this **** anywhere. Can anyone tell me the nutritional facts from the label please?

In what kind of crazy podunk town do you live in? You don't even have to go to an Asian grocery store around here to find it, the regular ones carry it also.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
In what kind of crazy podunk town do you live in? You don't even have to go to an Asian grocery store around here to find it, the regular ones carry it also.
No go at Super Walmart or Target, Publix, or Winn Dixie. I might have to venture over to an Asian market to find it. Oddly enough, every one of those stores carries hotcock sauce. There really isn't that big of an Asian population down here. Might be why.

Ole War Skule

Reaction score
Depends on what I'm eating. Cajun/Creole/fried/southern foods, Crystal. Mexican, it's San Pedro Jalapeno or chile pequin and Valentina. Sriracha on just about everything else. Harissa sometimes. I tried making my own out of last years Hatch peppers I had left over, turned out better than I thought it would.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads