• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
the WAYWT on Sf is usually offensively, staggeringly bad and the level of discussion is offensively, staggeringly pretentious and unreadable.

ftfy

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo

Leggings and shorts with high tops over here. (0) I'm pretty satisfied with it myself.
Thinking of upgrading shorts to some of those Comme des Garçons joints a la:

00090m.jpg

what type/brand/material for both leggings and shorts would you wear?
ive always liked this look but i cant get the proportions right so i go with the "pre-fab" layer-pants (kva combat trousers are the ones i own, but i wouldnt mind the attachment from this season)

would you wear the leggings all the way down, or scrunched up. have you worn it before, too hot for summer?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
At least Uncontrol occasionally reaches across the aisle to compliment aesthetics he doesn't personally care for. Lane, on the other hand, seems content to split time between playing the conspiracy victim role and overreacting about the most mundane comments. I can't figure out why he bothers with this place and doesn't just go the SZ route exclusively other than perhaps that would leave him without an outlet to be a snob while regurgitating stuff he reads at SZ.
I've actually complimented snowman/uncontrol and others fits recently. Both of them wear stuff I wouldn't be caught dead wearing. Also, just wondering...do I get to play victim this time since you brought me up for no reason whatsoever...lol I like this place cuz theres some redeemable people. Plus, I like being a dick
lol8[1].gif
also, whatever...just cuz I think Hourani is some lame overuse of androgyny doesn't mean I'm regurgitating what they say there. If androgyny is all you bring to the table, that's boring and unimaginative. I like a lot of the collections they like over there cuz duh they have a similar style as I do. There's also plenty that I dislike there, that others respect. For example...CCP/Paul harnden, not a huge fan, although the designer is lightyears better than anything you'll ever put on your body. Plus, theres going to be similarities in opinion when you are part of a similar aesthetic. Anyways, I may detest most of whats discussed on here, but I like some people and they make it fun posting on here. I actually visit this forum way more often than SZ cuz its way more active and there's more to read, of course not much is about actual fashion and design but its still good reading at times.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
need a good tailor who will leave working cuff buttons in place
just picked up a ss09 raf suit though i rarely wear suits thought i should upgrade anyway

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
what type/brand/material for both leggings and shorts would you wear?
ive always liked this look but i cant get the proportions right so i go with the "pre-fab" layer-pants (kva combat trousers are the ones i own, but i wouldnt mind the attachment from this season)

would you wear the leggings all the way down, or scrunched up. have you worn it before, too hot for summer?

Man, what's the big deal with shorts over leggings ? you make it sound like it's rocket science
laugh.gif
Just get some cotton ones, knee level shorts not too slim not too wide and go. I've done it all winter for riding and it looked alright.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol. i know, probably over thinking this.
facepalm.gif

what weave/knit cotton? what shorts did you wear

im specifically thinking of dress shorts/bermudas when i say i would rock the givenchy black leggings scrunched up underneath
biggrin.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
so do it

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats the difference between designer leggings and any other kind of leggings

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure about dress shorts, is it an all black project ? why not start with smthg more spring appropriate first ?

mann1.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
whats the difference between designer leggings and any other kind of leggings

dont know.. i dont know anything about leggings, i dont want to end up buying pantyhose lol
laugh.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
Also, just wondering...do I get to play victim this time since you brought me up for no reason whatsoever...lol

I wasn't the one who brought you up.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snowman just go to american apparel or H&M and get some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads