• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where is your style going?

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
supreme head to toe for spring

toj head to toe in a distant future

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
raf/rick/jil/dries/Julius/dbss/geller/odyn

draped, unstructured, nihilistic.

gothic

basically an external and superficial manifestation of my increasing inner turmoil and disdain towards a world that is metaphorically black to begin with. My clothing only serves to mirror my surroundings.

j/k - i'm not headed anywhere. just more normal boring BS.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ninja + horns

lol @ pairing geller with those other designers

uh, I guess I have two styles going right now depending primarily on the weather/mood.

basically street vs gothic with a hint of preppy schoolboy when I go to work.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
raf/rick/jil/dries/Julius/dbss/geller/odyn

draped, unstructured, nihilistic.

gothic

basically an external and superficial manifestation of my increasing inner turmoil and disdain towards a world that is metaphorically black to begin with. My clothing only serves to mirror my surroundings.

j/k - i'm not headed anywhere. just more normal boring BS.

lmao

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lighten up this spring, canvas kicks, cp's, suede chukkas, henley's, parkas, light trenches

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
some cool things coming up the next few weeks....
revolve.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Come on dude, seriously?

When has Lane ever not been serious?

Expressions Realia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
it sounds basically like me. the older i get, the more traditional i become i guess. i don't think i'll ever be "high fashion" nor do i really try it anymore.

Couldn't have said it better.

I've had the opportunity to look back on my evolution as I do document with photos (blogging) over the years, but also seeing that the older I get the more I tend to dress classically. Although I add my own flare to it (what's the world without personality?), I do tend to keep it classic. I like fashion, but cannot follow the trends, or avant garde way of dressing.

Ascent

Reaction score
Shorts, lightweight chinos or looser slim denim for cooler days, light and airy tees maybe some slight drape, short sleeve button downs and all the stereotypical summer stuff for the coming months, basic and predictable.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a while I couldn't decide wether I was into fashion or clothes. I'm now solidly in the latter, meaning I'm not interested in trying to pull off difficult looks or concepts. I'd much rather just buy really nice clothes that require little thought.

I'm a perfect specimen of a man regardless of what I wear so I'm just not going to worry about clothes.

prurient

Reaction score
With people at Gimme Coffee squaring me to check who's rocking the better selvedge, the better rims or the better oxford/work shirt, I'm hoping to move more toward crazy japanese grandpa a la Second Stage blog. If I spend 200/300 bucks on a summer garment, I want people to make fun of me, not just acknowledge that we all read the same ****. I'm gonna try some SOUTH2 WEST8 and hopefully be able to cop some good Haversack and some crazy Birkenstock when I go to Japan at the end of summer.

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
"Neo greaser" is what i consider my current style direction because it has elements of 1950s greasers mixed with modern pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads