• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight: Maiden's prayer. Haven't tried one before, it's a pleasant drink. I can certainly see how it acquired its reputation as a ladies drink though, it's on the sweeter side.

Last night: Had a friend over who's fairly new to the whole drinking game, so showed him a couple of cocktails. Manhattan for him, Aurora for me (personal creation- gin, St. Germain and lime at 2:1:1), and then I just made a couple of Luigi's for a second drink. Or close enough anyway, I forgot the triple sec. Recipe only calls for a dash though, and it's not the dominant flavor. The gin, vermouth and orange carry that particular drink.

DC101

Reaction score
last night uppercut napa cab 2007 with dinner. eagles rare neat after.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3b9eGl.jpg
Oranges off my tree.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
For actually fighting a cold, best to leave both the honey and lemon in. Honey is actually one of the best cough suppressants around, and the lemon helps loosen the mucus so you get rid of it more easily.
Took your advice last night, and riffed a hot toddy off of the Penicillin cocktail -- Orangerie, lemon juice, and ginger-honey syrup. Not bad, but my ratios need tweaking. Just decaf Earl Grey and honey tonight, though. ~ H

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
That was a perfectly excellent Armagnac, the likes of which I'd love to sample. Why the merkur? ~ H

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Took your advice last night, and riffed a hot toddy off of the Penicillin cocktail -- Orangerie, lemon juice, and ginger-honey syrup. Not bad, but my ratios need tweaking.

Just decaf Earl Grey and honey tonight, though.

~ H

Yeah, whenever i have a cold, I get sick of tea with honey and lemon pretty quickly, but the stuff really does help.

Though colds do give you an excuse to drink a bee's knees. If you like 'em, anyway.

Also, what's decaf tea? Are you referring to herbals?
ssst.gif

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about some good 'ol Dutch tap water, one of the best tap waters in the world though. Taste is sweet with a hint of calcium but not dry at all.

changy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
How about some good 'ol Dutch tap water, one of the best tap waters in the world though. Taste is sweet with a hint of calcium but not dry at all.

Sorry, Dutch tap water got nothing on NYC tap water. Taste like aquafina with a hint of lead and shrimp

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by changy
Sorry, Dutch tap water got nothing on NYC tap water. Taste like aquafina with a hint of lead and shrimp

that's dope. does it have UMAMI?

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoying another bottle of this:

1297573751809.jpg

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Yeah, whenever i have a cold, I get sick of tea with honey and lemon pretty quickly, but the stuff really does help. Though colds do give you an excuse to drink a bee's knees. If you like 'em, anyway. Also, what's decaf tea? Are you referring to herbals?
ssst.gif

I'm going on a solid week, still coughing up crap, but less of it now, finally. Geez, this one has sucked. I wish I could get the Bee's Knees to work for me, just never has. In theory, it should be great with Old Raj. Decaf tea? I can get a little tachycardic if I go too overboard on the caffeine, and as you correctly surmise, I've been hitting the hot tea/lemon/honey business pretty hard of late. ~ H

Dinhilion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
crazy.gif
completely disagree

St Rieul blonde

KavgMl.jpg

Please recommend me others. I have yet to drink another that I was satisfied with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads