• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

bakatora

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
the antifits are cool. not really into w+h that much anymore, but they are pretty versatile. got em in black and olive/green or whatever

where'd you find them in black?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
where'd you find them in black?
curious to this as well. earlier in this thread there was a photo of a pair of black pants or shorts in what appeared to be a chambray (or possibly cotton/linen blend), but they had a cinch back. I made the assumption they were a reiteration of the black chambray shorts they released last year. A stockist corrected me to say they were a new release - cotton/linen (I think) pants with a rear cinch. But...the anti fit don't have a cinch which means there'll be a good amount yet to come.. - hopefully the linen/cotton cinch black summer weight mystery pant? - shorts, which look like one model will be bush pant shorts. the rest will be west point chino shorts? - sweat shorts in more colors (heather, cough) - over-engineered grandpa cardigan with double layer jersey accents - contrast collar 'olos -vests (maybe more japan releases there..) - s/s weight blazer - Denim (reported April release)

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
- shorts, which look like one model will be bush pant shorts. the rest will be west point chino shorts?
- contrast collar 'olos

I heard that one of the shorts will be the bush pant, simply cut off @ the knee. (Must kop the blue ones)
The other short looks like the chino...but with just 1 pocket.

Can't wait for the contrast polo...curious @ the price point on those. Hope it's not $200. But if it's made in Japan, then that's probably what it will be.

Any more outerwear?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
I heard that one of the shorts will be the bush pant, simply cut off @ the knee. (Must kop the blue ones) The other short looks like the chino...but with just 1 pocket. Can't wait for the contrast polo...curious @ the price point on those. Hope it's not $200. But if it's made in Japan, then that's probably what it will be. Any more outerwear?
for outwear you can probably count on some vests...maybe a light weight jacket that's yet to be released. not sure really.. being the contrast polos were $120 last year, and made in Canada, I doubt that price got jacked up more than a few bucks....who knows tho.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got a chance to try on the large loop Terry hoody at Acrimony in SF today - definitely understand where some people are saying to size down. It's really hard to tell on this one, the medium felt a bit big while the small felt a bit small on me through the chest and in length. Overall I think the small may have fit me better. I didn't have much time to spend in there so I didn't come to a conclusion...I'm awaiting my burnt orange large loop from haven in medium (my normal w+h hoody size). I'll either have the right size or be selling that one on here soon. To those who have washed and dried theirs...what kind of results did you get in shrinkage? Any negatives to drying this specific model?

Thanks

filth

Reaction score
roden gray has the anit-fit pants in black, i tried them on today. They're actually pretty nice and the model doesnt do the fit justice because they're much slimmer than that and tapered. I decided to go with the navy chinos though cause I needed a pair. I might go back for them but i already have so many pairs of black jeans and pants that are all skinny/tapered.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Got a chance to try on the large loop Terry hoody at Acrimony in SF today - definitely understand where some people are saying to size down. It's really hard to tell on this one, the medium felt a bit big while the small felt a bit small on me through the chest and in length. Overall I think the small may have fit me better. I didn't have much time to spend in there so I didn't come to a conclusion...I'm awaiting my burnt orange large loop from haven in medium (my normal w+h hoody size). I'll either have the right size or be selling that one on here soon. To those who have washed and dried theirs...what kind of results did you get in shrinkage? Any negatives to drying this specific model?

Thanks

if that piece does not work out, i'd love a pm.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks

acrimony have anything different than what we've seen spring up so far at 4_hm and roden? I've heard they got a "big delivery".

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
acrimony have anything different than what we've seen spring up so far at 4_hm and roden? I've heard they got a "big delivery".

I live near Acrimony and been waiting to kop some stuff from them (instead of online). Bummer they already have some stuff in store w/o emailing me.

The only thing they might have gotten in that isn't already out in the Ca stores would be the Anti-fit chino in Black. But then again, I only got a short list of items they "might" be getting.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
I live near Acrimony and been waiting to kop some stuff from them (instead of online). Bummer they already have some stuff in store w/o emailing me.

The only thing they might have gotten in that isn't already out in the Ca stores would be the Anti-fit chino in Black. But then again, I only got a short list of items they "might" be getting.

Thanks for the info. I did hear they were expected only a small order, but it ended up being more than expected -- so we'll see..

I'd expect to see stuff start trickling in within more domestic US shops soon...(eg. BB, Context, etc).

i'm pleased to report one of my RG packges has already cleared the border/customs in 4 hours, on the 5th. No updates since then...but in USPS hands now..

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

They didn't have all that much, to my eyes. What I saw in the brief time I was there were the sweat shorts, the heather and navy large loop hoody, the thinner charcoal hoody (double layer?) and some other scattered pieces. I really didn't have much time to gauge the stock, but it didn't seem like a "big delivery" to me. I didnt notice any chinos, but it's possible I missed them. It definitely didn't seem there was anything new compared to RG or 4HM

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They didn't have all that much, to my eyes. What I saw in the brief time I was there were the sweat shorts, the heather and navy large loop hoody, the thinner charcoal hoody (double layer?) and some other scattered pieces. I really didn't have much time to gauge the stock, but it didn't seem like a "big delivery" to me. I didnt notice any chinos, but it's possible I missed them. It definitely didn't seem there was anything new compared to RG or 4HM

Thanks, did the double layer jersey hoodie stand out to you in the slightest?

I recently found a BNWT light weight cotton hoodie from a few seasons ago but am considering the double-layer hoodie as well.

I know the material as I own the double layered henley in charcoal (FW/11) but I oversized (M) and never wore it. If anyone stateside is interested in that for a fair price please PM.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, did the double layer jersey hoodie stand out to you in the slightest?

I recently found a BNWT light weight cotton hoodie from a few seasons ago but am considering the double-layer hoodie as well.

I know the material as I own the double layered henley in charcoal (FW/11) but I oversized (M) and never wore it. If anyone stateside is interested in that for a fair price please PM.

It looked nice, but very thin. I don't like hoodies that thin, I like the hood to have some weight to it versus drooping flat over my back. Besides that, it looked nice. I wouldn't buy it, but if that's your style I'm sure it will be great. Sorry I don't have better advice on that piece.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No prob at all - thanks for the reply. I know the hoodie isn't extremely remarkable but your info was exactly what I was looking for. Hate to talk numbers, but out of all the pieces, that one in particular seems pretty honkin' steep for a light weight hoodie. Probably skip out on it and just rock the new old one I'm waiting on.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah they price their spring/summer hoodies high considering the weight.

I bought SS 10' Terry Hoodie, super thin at the sample sale for $50, pretty sweet I thought . . .
Found out it was $150 regular and no way would I ever pay that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads