• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Austin45

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I thought this little passive-aggressive multi-thread mini-rant was about a "friend".
You were banned? And now you're bitching about it?

It's not just about me. And it is not just about a friend either. It is about me and two other friends who got ban for I don't know what.

In fact it's the fact that it actually includes a multi ban that I can't seem to understand. Not that all where ban the same day, but we all got ban some how.

After the first guy got ban, we all thought well maybe he was doing or did some thing wrong. In fact we made fun of him, little did we know that our turn was just around the corner.

That is particularly why I think it was just some rather random ban rather than anything that has to do with spamming or violating the rules.

And since all of us can't seem to understand what we did that was wrong, that's why i am here to find out so as to avoid being ban in future.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
y'all live together? (same IP address? maybe the mods thought you were all the same person)

Austin45

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
y'all live together? (same IP address? maybe the mods thought you were all the same person)

Even though we live in the same building, I hardly doubt we have the same ip address.

And that is even one of the many reasons why I am really not happy about the situation. If the mods suspects or thing a member is a this or that isn't it at least the least justifiable to send them a warning asking them to give an explanation or something of that sort?

Even if a member actually spams a thread which I know for certainty that I didn't, looking at the post history of 50 and counting isn't it some how good thinking to just tell the member you have been warned and if he continues then moves ahead and bans him rather than just ban him without any warning nothing just like that?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wow. 3 sf members living under the same roof. now THAT sounds ****.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look Austin,
this is how the transparency part works:

"Why was xxx banned?"

This is how it doesn't work:

"How is it possible that a member who shall remain unnamed was banned when he never offered to sell counterfeit hamsters on B&S?"

Ask the right questions, and you will get the right answers.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess this is a dumb question, but why was Spalla ultimately banned? I knew it was an inevitable course of action, and would happen at some point in time, but what exactly was it that broke the camel's back?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Austin45: Shut the **** up. You notice that you are still here, right? If you just stop talking that will likely remain the case. Ask a bunch of stupid and open ended passive aggressive questions and you will likely be banned again.

Like acidboy said, just chill bro.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I can guess why you and your friends were banned - you sound annoying, clueless and entitled. You are not forthcoming with the truth when asked who you or your friends are, which probably means you were not entirely truthful before the ban. Finally, you are demanding of something you don't have a right to. We try to be fair, and occasionally make mistakes. I increasingly think we didn't in this case considering your rants in this thread. If you had politely pointed out a simple mistake it might have been corrected, but now I have no incentive to help you or your friends, because I can't reward this kind of crappy behavior.

We don't have time to warn you and then put your name on a little chalkboard with 1000 other names and then carefully monitor your further activity, further warn or coddle you, etc. We make a decision based on the evidence at hand and then act, and the vast majority of the time, after further consideration, we act correctly. If we make a mistake we try to correct it, but in this case I don't think we did.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ya, when he first went on his rant rampage, I IP checked him, and there were no matches, which kind of led me to believe that he was posting from behind some kind of proxy, which in turn let me to believe he had something to hide about the previous identity, which in turn led me to believe that whoever banned him probably did the right thing....

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, Chrome 10 just got released, and My Posts now work in Chrome.

--Andre

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And there was much rejoicing.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
FYI, Chrome 10 just got released, and My Posts now work in Chrome.

--Andre

It doesn't for me.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
It doesn't for me.
^Same for me.
cry.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads