• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Heat should trade LeBron. Just like everybody said he and D-wade don't really compliment each other. Go looking for a big and a true point guard. Rob some down market team that is desperate for a big name. The Kings could send Cousins and Evans and maybe a couple of picks or some quality roll players. Or maybe work a three way trade to bring John Wall and a nene, gosal, or lopez.
Maybe send him to NJ for D-Will and Lopez straight up.

He is also a crappy teammate and brings a **** load of problems with him. By trading him to a scrub team you know you won't have to deal with him in the future or if you do he won't have good players around him. I also think a trade to a **** team would break him mentally so that would also reduce the risk.

i agree. how do people not see Lebron and D-Wade play the same position. Both like having the ball in their hands, and apparently both can't make a closing shot.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Heat should trade LeBron. Just like everybody said he and D-wade don't really compliment each other.
first, deadline is past, right? second, they've just hit a bad stretch. they'll be one of the 4 in the east and after you get that far, it's just a crapshoot as to who folds and who rolls at the right time. as much pleasure as it gives me to see the heat struggle (almost as much as if it was boston), the nba season is long, even if fans' patience is short.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Yeah then I think about it...on talent alone..they should be able to do amazing things..but who actually thought this season was Heat's "Season"... They dont have any pieces that make championship teams. Role Players, a bench, big men.

Brogued

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
Yeah then I think about it...on talent alone..they should be able to do amazing things..but who actually thought this season was Heat's "Season"... They dont have any pieces that make championship teams. Role Players, a bench, big men.

Yes, this. They don't have enough to make a team. That was clear before the season started. They could be scary in a couple years, if they stick together and add pieces. I can see them trading Bosh, too.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
i agree. how do people not see Lebron and D-Wade play the same position. Both like having the ball in their hands, and apparently both can't make a closing shot.

Not apparently. Actually.

"The Heat have lost 11 games already this season in which they had a chance to take the lead or tie the score in the final 12 seconds of regulation or overtime. The team is shooting 1 for 19 in those situations, and the one make— a dunk by James against Memphis way back in November to tie the game—came in a game the Heat lost on a Rudy Gay jumper as time expired.

James is 1 for 8 in those situations. Wade is 0 for 3, as is Mike Miller. Eddie House and Mario Chalmers are 0 for 2. Bosh is 0 for 1."

kobe_vs_spurs_game_winner_gm1.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sports is such a fickle thing. Last year I read an 82games article that showed data that Lebron had a higher GWS percentage than anyone else in 5 years. Kobe? 4th, and also missed the most game winners (in terms of numbers, not %) in that period. Obviously things are different today, but who knows what we'll be saying in another half season?

Also, less than two months ago every Lakers beat writer had apocalypse on their minds. Guess they're pretty happy now. Shoe was completely on the other foot for the Heat then and now. The Heat don't have to panic (no, don't trade Lebron lol), they just have to have more discipline and keep running their game plan -- and for the love of God come up with a better endgame play than Iso 6

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol hroi

there is a reason why kobe has been called clutch past few years

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^he is, and this is not necessarily about Kobe. I'm a huge fan, but even he was called a cancer, egomaniac, uncoachable, responsible for ruining the Lakers, etc etc just a few years ago. He couldnt win because he couldn't trust his teammates blah blah etc.

Just saying that sports can be very fickle. I thought they were full of **** when they said the above about Kobe and I think I was proved right. I choose to believe that the Heat can figure out how to trust each other given some time. Problem is, no one wants to give them any time and there's a big target on their backs

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No statistical data and convoluted interpretation thereof will ever convince me that LB is a better clutch player than Kobe. Nor will he ever be. LB is not clutch, never has been really. There is no one better at it in the NBA than Kobe, now or recently. I do believe the polls of NBA GMs and players: game on the line, who do you want? >>> Kobe.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
^he is, and this is not necessarily about Kobe. I'm a huge fan, but even he was called a cancer, egomaniac, uncoachable, responsible for ruining the Lakers, etc etc just a few years ago. He couldnt win because he couldn't trust his teammates blah blah etc.
True, but the circumstances were very, very different. Not defending his actions/words back then, but those Lakers were certainly not this Heat. Kobe wanted management to put together a champ-caliber team. The Heat declared themselves champs before day one this year, and drank their own Kool-Aid.

...there's a big target on their backs
Which they painted themselves. They basically declared themselves champs before they ever practiced together. Now they're all back-pedaling with their excuses, but they brought this all on themselves, and they deserve the sting.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True enough. But none of y'all gave them any credit either when they won 21 out of 22.

Btw, the player I want if he absolutely had to take the shot? Yeah, I'd take Kobe. But with the ball in his hands and making the right decision with the game on the line? Give me Chris Paul.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Credit comes in April/May/June, not Nov/Dec/Jan.

Sure, and the right decision would be to pass the ball immediately to Kobe.
smile.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fair enough. So a losing streak in February means as little as a winning streak in November, amirite?
smile.gif
It has to go both ways. I also just realized that I have lost my tenuous grip on the last playoff spot in the SF league this week
ffffuuuu.gif

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. So a losing streak in February means as little as a winning streak in November, amirite?
smile.gif
It has to go both ways.

I also just realized that I have lost my tenuous grip on the last playoff spot in the SF league this week
ffffuuuu.gif

Absolutely.
They reel off 6-7 in a row, the sun will be shining.
The Lakers lose their next 4-5, it will be a disaster in the LA press.

The streak isn't really the issue, though; it's the manner in which they are losing which points to real deficiencies on that team, and when D-Wade and 'Bron state "growing pains" as the reason for their recent kleenex sessions. Growing pains? Now? Hmmmm....

What is SF league?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads