• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$800 and up jeans online?

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
So for this spring im thinking of throwing up 1,000 or so on a pair of jeans. Only problem is, most of the sites i order from already dont sell anything in that price range... Anyone know of a site that sells Visvim denim or something?
Thanks

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
spending 1k on a pair of jeans is a terrible idea but hey its your money

try this luisaviaroma.com

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
I'll sell you a pair.

That would be sick but im getting the money in a month or so so im just seeing what options i have.
I might pm you later if i cant find anything.

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max Biggavel
spending 1k on a pair of jeans is a terrible idea but hey its your money

try this luisaviaroma.com

Damn that site is perfect, thanks a lot

East2West

Reaction score
Tom Ford jeans are around 1k

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by igotfatlaces
That would be sick but im getting the money in a month or so so im just seeing what options i have. I might pm you later if i cant find anything.
there are a couple jeans i would recommend in that range +/- 1. 45rpm jomon. this is pretty much the finest denim on the planet. it is hand dyed and they use the finest cotton on the planet, period. the cut was modified last year so the cut is a little bit more modern. if i had a grand to spend on jeans this is what i would buy. 2. pure blue japan ai-001 or ai-002. whats nice about this denim is that it is woven irregular, so it has a lot of character. this is a heavier denim and is hand dyed so it will retain its color for a long time. 3. momotaro gold label (japan only) has a denim that is woven by hand on modified shuttle loom. this is also hand-dyed denim and really doesnt get any better than this. you have to go to the momo store in japan to get this particular denim. http://www.japanblue.co.jp/momotaro/gold/index.html 4. momotaro gold g003. this is a similar denim to the one above but is not woven on the same machine. similar dying technique. 5. somet 904. this is a 14.5 oz straight fit cut using platinum thread and embellished with crushed pearl paint. this will give you an idea of whats out there but im sure there are many more and it will also depend on what type of cut you prefer. i bet dior homme has some denim in that price range but it is probably has some weird wash, which you may be into. all of the jeans i mentioned are raw denim so you make your own wash as you wear it. enjoy. let us know what you end up getting.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're spending $1K on a pair of jeans, but you won't have the money until a month later?

...if you can afford $1K jeans, then putting it on your plat amex should be no thang...

...but if you're waiting for your paycheck to blow it on jeans...

but hey, your money

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buy my junya jeans...

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
You're spending $1K on a pair of jeans, but you won't have the money until a month later?

...if you can afford $1K jeans, then putting it on your plat amex should be no thang...

...but if you're waiting for your paycheck to blow it on jeans...

but hey, your money

haha yea waiting on my... i guess you could call it a paycheck...

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
there are a couple jeans i would recommend in that range +/-

1. 45rpm jomon. this is pretty much the finest denim on the planet. it is hand dyed and they use the finest cotton on the planet, period. the cut was modified last year so the cut is a little bit more modern. if i had a grand to spend on jeans this is what i would buy.

2. pure blue japan ai-001 or ai-002. whats nice about this denim is that it is woven irregular, so it has a lot of character. this is a heavier denim and is hand dyed so it will retain its color for a long time.

3. momotaro gold label (japan only) has a denim that is woven by hand on modified shuttle loom. this is also hand-dyed denim and really doesnt get any better than this. you have to go to the momo store in japan to get this particular denim.

http://www.japanblue.co.jp/momotaro/gold/index.html

4. momotaro gold g003. this is a similar denim to the one above but is not woven on the same machine. similar dying technique.

5. somet 904. this is a 14.5 oz straight fit cut using platinum thread and embellished with crushed pearl paint.

this will give you an idea of whats out there but im sure there are many more and it will also depend on what type of cut you prefer. i bet dior homme has some denim in that price range but it is probably has some weird wash, which you may be into. all of the jeans i mentioned are raw denim so you make your own wash as you wear it.

enjoy. let us know what you end up getting.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Most of the jeans on luisaviaroma do have weird washes like you said and some are... well less then nice looking. I checked out the 45rpm jomon and the somet 904 and i have to say the 904 look like a perfect cut and wash but the site (http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28) only had them in 34 and 36. I do live near San Francisco so i could check around there to see if i could find them in my size or keep looking online.

rapdancin

Reaction score
haha yea waiting on my... i guess you could call it a paycheck...

was this purposefully phrased to make it sound like you're going to commit fraud/robbery

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed reply. Most of the jeans on luisaviaroma do have weird washes like you said and some are... well less then nice looking. I checked out the 45rpm jomon and the somet 904 and i have to say the 904 look like a perfect cut and wash but the site (http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28) only had them in 34 and 36. I do live near San Francisco so i could check around there to see if i could find them in my size or keep looking online.

the lack of trolling in this thread is shocking. try going to self edge if youre in sf and youve never been
teacha.gif

igotfatlaces

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rapdancin
was this purposefully phrased to make it sound like you're going to commit fraud/robbery

haha no, dont think you could really make any money robbing anything except a bank or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads