• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lambo Aventador

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really all that into cars any more... but the profile of that thing, combined with the sharpness of the detailing at the front and rear, is gorgeous.

trd6478

Reaction score
you guys do realize that the metal-looking trim is actually metal, not the acuras plastic right?

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
I don't disagree (I'm looking at you, F50!), but on the whole I think they fare much better than Lambos in that respect.

Well, I've loathed their designs since the 80s, but I love the Gallardo - it captures their design heritage perfectly without wallowing in it (like finally getting rid of the scissor doors). I like the Gallardo so much more than the Murcielago and its derivatives.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. My plan is my first car after getting my MD is a M3, and I'll get a gallardo/non-flagship lambo after residency. Maybe I'll have to wait another couple years to break ground on my first house if the Aventador looks this good. Marked improvement from the Murcielago.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
Well, I've loathed their designs since the 80s, but I love the Gallardo - it captures their design heritage perfectly without wallowing in it (like finally getting rid of the scissor doors). I like the Gallardo so much more than the Murcielago and its derivatives.

Agreed!

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
Looks good. My plan is my first car after getting my MD is a M3, and I'll get a gallardo/non-flagship lambo after residency. Maybe I'll have to wait another couple years to break ground on my first house if the Aventador looks this good. Marked improvement from the Murcielago.

LOL. Being a doctor these days, you're gonna have to wait a long time.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
LOL. Being a doctor these days, you're gonna have to wait a long time.
Nah, just a matter of priorities. *edit* .. edit2: I thought these things cost more. <$400k isn't bad.

amstokesdb9

Reaction score
Wow, a lot of Murcielago hate. I have always thought the LP640 was pretty jaw dropping.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
murcielago was nice, but I was always a bigger fan of the body of the Gallardo more. Seemed more aggressive to me. The aventador has a lot of styling borrowed from the Gallardo and the Reventon (imo) two of the most recent aggressive looking bulls in my opinion.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
Nah, just a matter of priorities. *edit* ..

edit2: I thought these things cost more. <$400k isn't bad.

400k is your 1 year doctor salary unless you're extraordinarily good.

mehhhh

Reaction score
My only beef with the interior is that it's two tone. I think it's very fitting otherwise. The car is too heavy, though.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
having a few Audi parts in the dash is, IMO, a good thing. It means they'll work.

I don't think you meant this to be funny in the way I'm laughing at it.
laugh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Gallardo is gorgeous. This one is too. As a whole, I think I prefer Lambos to Ferraris but the 458 is stellar.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
400k is your 1 year doctor salary unless you're extraordinarily good.

i'm aware of how much I will potentially make as a physician.

Grey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
All of the switchgear and interior hard parts are Audi, and it's just like the **** I had in my A4 several years ago already, but honestly, it's functional and the switchgear isn't why I'd buy a Lambo, I'd buy a Spyker if all that got me off was knurled metal knobs. Ferrari for a long time had the Momo SRS steering wheel that Honda was also putting in the Civic Type-R, and you don't see F-car dudes calling their cars Hondararris, right?

^^^
Yeah, this all day.

Perfect example. That CTR wheel was a *nice* wheel. Why does the steering wheel in a Ferrari have to cost 10x more? Spend that money on making the car faster, not on better "feeling" interior bits.

Italian exotics aren't luxury cars. Lots of Ferrari interior pieces come from the Fiat bin.

If you want nice switchgear, buy a late 90's Bentley Continental.

If you want to go fast, buy an Aventador.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads