• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarrisonK
MeGolf.jpg
Ralph Lauren: Shirt Sweater Shorts Brooks Brothers: Sport Coat
Vintage photograph from the country club

I apologize in advance if this comes off as overly critical, but this is one of the worst photos in the history of this thread. You're wearing a sport coat that is four sizes too large for you, while apparently playing golf. No one wears a blazer while playing golf. Furthermore, judging from the lack of leaves on the trees, this photo was taken in autumn or winter, and you're wearing shorts and boat shoes (again, totally inappropriate footwear for golf). Lastly, if that's a "country club", then I am Jack Nicklaus. Just look at the state of that green. This is the Jersey Shore version of prep- a fabricated persona and clothing that is three times as outrageous as it needs to be.

halisray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I apologize in advance if this comes off as overly critical, but this is one of the worst photos in the history of this thread.

You're wearing a sport coat that is four sizes too large for you, while apparently playing golf. No one wears a blazer while playing golf. Furthermore, judging from the lack of leaves on the trees, this photo was taken in autumn or winter, and you're wearing shorts and boat shoes (again, totally inappropriate footwear for golf). Lastly, if that's a "country club", then I am Jack Nicklaus. Just look at the state of that green.

This is the Jersey Shore version of prep- a fabricated persona and clothing that is three times as outrageous as it needs to be.

You are the ******* man.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is one of the worst photos in the history of this thread.

This is the Jersey Shore version of prep- a fabricated persona and clothing that is three times as outrageous as it needs to be.

Obvious solution: clothing that is four sizes too small. (Photographed with that ubiquitous powered-down robot pose, of course).

Anyway, 'persona' seems too strong a word, here, but what's wrong with adopting a persona? I enjoy Synthese's fits very much -- as well as the attitude behind them. Everyone else seems to as well. And Zissou, unless you really are dropping anchor shortly before each fit pic, you seem to delight in a bit if the ol' *persona* yourself...
wink.gif

All these misgivings about Harrison K apper to be running amok, toppling some perfectly hivey concepts in their wake...

Hm.

coldforge

Reaction score
Every forum has its own couple of guys who are sure that they are the only ones capable of individual thought in the face of internet hivemind. It's one of my favorite flavors of troll.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Obvious solution: clothing that is four sizes too small. (Photographed with that ubiquitous powered-down robot pose, of course). Anyway, 'persona' seems too strong a word, here, but what's wrong with adopting a persona? I enjoy Synthese's fits very much -- as well as the attitude behind them. Everyone else seems to as well. And Zissou, unless you really are dropping anchor shortly before each fit pic, you seem to delight in a bit if the ol' *persona* yourself...
wink.gif
All these misgivings about Harrison K apper to be running amok, toppling some perfectly hivey concepts in their wake... Hm.

"Personas" are fine when they come with an aesthetic that makes sense As zizzou perceptively put together nothing about said fit makes sense, like, nothing at all lmao Good fits don't have to be rationalized

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this comes off as overly critical, but this is one of the worst photos in the history of this thread.

You're wearing a sport coat that is four sizes too large for you, while apparently playing golf. No one wears a blazer while playing golf. Furthermore, judging from the lack of leaves on the trees, this photo was taken in autumn or winter, and you're wearing shorts and boat shoes (again, totally inappropriate footwear for golf). Lastly, if that's a "country club", then I am Jack Nicklaus. Just look at the state of that green.

Best line I've read on here in weeks.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys are obviously single-mortgage, middle-class trolls with small penors.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

arent ridiculous clothes part of the fun of golfing?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Anyway, 'persona' seems too strong a word, here, but what's wrong with adopting a persona? I enjoy Synthese's fits very much -- as well as the attitude behind them. Everyone else seems to as well. And Zissou, unless you really are dropping anchor shortly before each fit pic, you seem to delight in a bit if the ol' *persona* yourself...
wink.gif
All these misgivings about Harrison K apper to be running amok, toppling some perfectly hivey concepts in their wake... Hm.

Well **** me, you're right! Now if you fellas don't mind, I'll just **** off to me schooner and drown me sorrows in a cask o' rum. While ye plebes are ******* around in your little tugboats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads