• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Split-toe monks: love, hate, indifferent?

woolymammoth

Reaction score
JLBourne-monk.jpg

lobb-2000-monk.jpg

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Split toe shoes of any type are not my style. Camel toe on the other hand...

BBC

Reaction score
^^ Indifferent towards those two models above, but love this Alden ravello shell NST

20j48c7.jpg

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The double is pretty cool - I think that Lobb got the formal / informal balance right.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't like monks much to begin with. Also not typically a huge split-toe fan, though I do own a pair I think are serviceable. Together, they don't work for me very well at all.

I will say that the Lobbs pictured don't look bad, but it's the last speaking to me, not the split toe.

Matt S

Reaction score
I don't like split-toe shoes in general but the monks are better than derbies.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
+1. I'm not a fan.

+2

I used to like split toes, but cant get with it any more. Monks I have never gotten. I see some that I think look good, but only to look at, not to wear.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbbuff
Monks I have never gotten. I see some that I think look good, but only to look at, not to wear.

That's interesting. I never thought about it like that before. I find myself captivated with looking at pics of monks and double monks but I can't possibly see myself wearing them. Maybe I haven't found the right pair yet...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads