• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
any of you guys ever put starch on the back of your knees to keep the wrinkles in place?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
any of you guys ever put starch on the back of your knees to keep the wrinkles in place?

sometimes. now i use a spray bottle with water to set in the creases.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
do you mean spray bottle with a solution of starch and water, or just dihydrogen monoxide?

i must admit, it feels kinda good. also, why does starch contribute to higher contrast fades? i saw your post in the newb jawnz thread and got confused. i thought sop was to soak jeans to get rid of the excess starch so we can get to rubbing off the indigo dye from the get go.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
do you mean spray bottle with a solution of starch and water, or just dihydrogen monoxide? i must admit, it feels kinda good. also, why does starch contribute to higher contrast fades? i saw your post in the newb jawnz thread and got confused. i thought sop was to soak jeans to get rid of the excess starch so we can get to rubbing off the indigo dye from the get go.
no, just tap water. i dont know what post your referring to. i just use water to sometimes set in the creases a little better after a wash. rarely do i use it if ive been wearing the jeans for weeks.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
I'm really not a fan of those. The combs look really weird and considering he got those tapered they are hella baggy below the knee.

Well, the combs do indeed look somewhat strange, like I mentioned before. But the fit of his jeans actually is very good, considering it's a 0201.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
Momotaro 701 :: 15.7 oz :: 100% Zimbabwe cotton :: SU1 @W34 :: fit :: double hot soaked :: current measurements : w= 33.75, ins [hemmed]= 33, f/rise= 10, b/rise= 14, u/t= 12.25, kne= 9, l/o= 8.5 :: fit & measurement__ exactly like PBJ 007 'cept on the leg opening.

momoGTB2.jpg

newly painted acrylic " Inversed" GTB stripe [low-profile]. i find the white stripe a bit too much of an attention grabber, so i made them sorta low-profile & stealthy [ei.,while denim is still raw+dark]. hence, the "Special Ops" concept/version.

momoFIT-1.jpg

the denim is still stiff & starchy even after the double hot soak__ will take a few days for it to adopt to my contours.

Update: 7 mos old= 4 mos effective wear :: 7 soaks X n0 wash
701Whiskr.jpg

701fb.jpg

710fit-1.jpg
[/quote]

pistolero

Reaction score
Finally took some pics of my Momotaro x Context 0701MCXX. Owned for 9 months but more like ~ 5 months equivalent wear. One hot soak before first wear, no washes yet although it's probably about time. Fades are coming in nicely!
momos6.jpg
momos7.jpg

momos4.jpg

momos3.jpg

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ IIIrd:

Nice progress on your Momo's dude.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
pistolero: how did you size on those?

those fit you perfectly.

alexanduh

Reaction score
IIIrd you repainted the battle stripes?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tnx, guys.

@pistolero__ yea, agree with w/e123, fit is spot on [right now]. i see more linear whiskering. hope you dint size down too much. not that it's really bad, just more work stretching them back out evertime you wash.

Originally Posted by alexanduh
IIIrd you repainted the battle stripes?
"Stealth Stripes"? more like recreated__ they're 701s with blank pockets, originally.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also got lineair whiskering going on on my G00'7's. But I've only worn them for about 3 days now and they are one wash. They will stretch a bit, resulting in a perfect fit. For now, the topblock is really on the tight side, just not being uncomfortable. And it's a ***** to button up at the moment.

I'm not really sure though if I should cuff or let them stack.

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
pistolero: how did you size on those?

those fit you perfectly.

Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
@pistolero__ yea, agree with w/e123, fit is spot on [right now]. i see more linear whiskering. hope you dint size down too much. not that it's really bad, just more work stretching them back out evertime you wash.

Thanks, they are tagged size 34. I'm about to wash them for the first time, hopefully they won't shrink too much. I love how they fit right now.

IIIrd, are your Momos 0701 or 0705? They look great!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
Thanks, they are tagged size 34. I'm about to wash them for the first time, hopefully they won't shrink too much. I love how they fit right now.

so you went tts? can you take pre/post wash pics of those? i might add those to my list for 2012.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero

Those are 0701's sized up for comfortable fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics