• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I just lost a fight.

mehhhh

Reaction score
Yeah. That's right. I've been on perhaps the losing end of a physical brawl.

Anyone who's ever been involved in one of these knows that without film or bystander input, it's impossible to know what happened. But I think I lost.

But 'losing' is hard to define in this situation. Physically losing the fight, possibly. But simply starting the fight in this situation may have been a victory. Allow me to explain.

I drove an extremely, extremely drunk 21 year old girl home from a party. On the way, between moans of pain and vomiting out of my window, she told me that a guy at the party had touched her while she was drunkenly passed out in the bathroom. And I don't mean he massaged her shoulders or held her hair back, either. She was crying. Wouldn't give details. I went back to the party after dropping her off with good friends, and the fight ensued. I made sure everyone knew what the impetus for the physical altercation was, but I think that I lost.

I might have landed one solid left. I'm a southpaw, so that counts. I threw maybe 5, 6 punches. Found myself on the ground quickly, tried to hit the guy in the balls. People were holding me down. I got free, up, and threw a mostly full beer at the retreating sex offender, who continued insisting that he 'didn't want to hurt me', and backing up. I think he was sober.

He got out of the way and some randoms got me out of the door. Party over, everyone leaves, and everyone hears my outrageously loud verbal accusations about this guy being an effing sex offender. Nobody hit me. At the very least he felt awkward in the aftermath.

I lost my keys in the action and had to call a friend to drive me home.

So, did I lose?
boxing[1].gif

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't start a fight if you can't fight...c'mon son!

Oh and you handled this situation completely wrong, especially if you were sober.

Knisse

Reaction score
You only miss your white horse and a shiny armor... Come on, at first - how do you even know if the girl told the truth? Second, why punch him out and not report it to the police?

If you were not drunk then there is no excuse...

mehhhh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
Don't start a fight if you can't fight...c'mon son!

Oh and you handled this situation completely wrong, especially if you were sober.

I was drunk, and furious. I rarely get mad or aggressive. I think that the only way for me to have avoided an altercation was to have not gone back. I knew other drunk girls there and didn't feel that just going home was an option.

As far as knowing how to fight, I knew that this was a situation where that didn't matter too much. It was broken up so quickly that there was little danger of physical harm to either party unless one or the other of us was Bas Rutten.

He was bigger than me, but shorter.

mehhhh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
You only miss your white horse and a shiny armor... Come on, at first - how do you even know if the girl told the truth? Second, why punch him out and not report it to the police?

If you were not drunk then there is no excuse...

Just trust me, man. I was there, I had a bad feeling, she told me what happened. If you were taking care of an unconcious girl in the bathroom, that you'd never met before, would you lock the door?

And get real. What the hell are the police going to do?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They would have Arrested him and gotten him prosecuted for a very serious felony. Probably a better fate for a sex abuser (assuming it's true) than having to fend you off at a bar

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would rather have the police try to figure the situation out, than to try and fight this guy. Since if this girl is lying or is confused from her drunken stupor, I could be facing assault charges. Which you do not want at all. I can understand that the alcohol affected your judgement, but you really gotta try and think smarter. You're lucky this ended the way it did. Another bit of advice, never pursue a guy who is not trying to fight you. Especially when he's sober, you're drunk, and he's bigger than you. You're really lucky you didn't get the **** beat outta you.

mehhhh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
They would have Arrested him and gotten him prosecuted for a very serious felony. Probably a better fate for a sex abuser (assuming it's true) than having to fend you off at a bar

I am willing to admit that this would have been a more just outcome, but I don't think that the odd of it happening are very good. I will talk to the girl about it and see if she wants to try to go this route, it's not too late.

I also understand that violence is not the best solution to this or any problem. Things just got out of hand drunkenly and rapidly...surely I'm not the only one who's been there?

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course you're not, but anytime a really drunk girl complains of a sexual assault, man you gotta take that with a little grain of salt. Don't go all white knight off rip.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
if you were so drunk, what were you doing driving the girl home?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats exactly what I was thinking...

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do not start a fair fight, the only time violence should be used on behalf of someone else is to end someone's life for public safety.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If she decides to go the legal route be ready to face assault charges of your own and you will probably have to explain why you were drunk driving all over the town.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nereis
You do not start a fair fight, the only time violence should be used on behalf of someone else is to end someone's life for public safety.

Not quite, there have been a few situations where a strong bear-hug from behind/crushing someone's bones a little bit calmed them down. No hitting/choking, though.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could probably take anyone on SF in a fight (even EAson). The only guy who'd give me a bit of trouble is Nil probably.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads