• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rush

Reaction score
I purchased the Augusta a few months back and they have broken in nicely. I personally love the walnut color.

mEpMU.jpg

QtoIy.jpg

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonmarshalljazz
IMG00504-20110204-1556.jpg

player in special width (3E) just for me

These are beautiful, just beautiful. If you have the time & energy, I, for one would love to see more photos of these.

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
These are beautiful, just beautiful. If you have the time & energy, I, for one would love to see more photos of these.
+1 I've never seen the blue in person so would also like it if the pictures depicted the true color of the shoe. We all know AE is awful with their online pictures...
Originally Posted by RangerP
I find the McTavish and the Elgin both look very interesting (p.25). What exactly is wax infused leather? or waxy leather? Something to stay away from?
Quoting myself to see if anyone has an opinion on wax infused leather or waxy leather?

bluetree110

Reaction score
Those Augusta's are a great looking shoe. I have been looking for them for the last week without luck.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Wore my Fifth Street boots today. God, I love these boots.

FifthStreetboots001.jpg

FifthStreetboots002.jpg

FifthStreetboots003.jpg

aq81

Reaction score
i see alot of people talking abount good deals, where can i get a good deal online? i'd love to get a new park avenue for around $17-200

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aq81
i see alot of people talking abount good deals, where can i get a good deal online? i'd love to get a new park avenue for around $17-200

Contact an AE outlet, here's a list w/ phone #s. I called one outlet and the guy emailed me everything he had in my size. I understand that you can return if you don't like or can't live with any blemish... I think I remember a price of $199 for AE 5ths which I was looking for at the time. I got mine at http://www.shoesrx.com/ and saved 20% of AE store price by signing up for their email stuff. They were sent to me directly from AE. Once you know your fit in a particular last, check eBay. One guy had a pair for less than $200 w/ trees, polish, brand new... I almost bought them for the trees and then to resell to make profit. I check ebay daily looking for a second pair now that I am an AE convert!

RandysAEFifthAveShoesandGolfinSocks2-23-11.jpg

erk

Reaction score
lately, endless.com has had 20% off on dress shoes >$150. Combine that with a 6.5% cash back if you click through from ebates.com and you've got a decent deal.

granjamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NukeMeSlowly
Wore my Fifth Street boots today. God, I love these boots.

FifthStreetboots001.jpg

FifthStreetboots002.jpg

FifthStreetboots003.jpg

Love the boots. How did you come by them? I thought AE had decided against producing the 5th St. I was in the market for a new boot last fall and if this had been available I would have picked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads