• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
those margielas are nice, balenciagas are nasty

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Upload your shoes dawg. and yeah, i'd kop those MMMs if they were 41/42

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one

Agreed on the balenciagas, those are hideous, but I also don't get the fuss about lots of MMM shoes -- especially their low tops. (That said, when they get it right, they get it right, so I picked those up.)

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mreggen
Original Achilles Low White sz 40 - 28.5 cm

Originally Posted by brimley
CP training boot outsole sz 45: 32 cm.

thanks a lot. the matrix is starting to look really good. some patterns in sizing are definitely starting to emerge.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I don't understand how the ski boot is "getting it right".
It doesn't look like a Walmart shoe? If the MMM lows were exactly the same (down to the production factory) but labelled Adidas nobody would look at them twice. As it is, 0.001% of the population will recognize "oh those are [the boring] Margiela shoes" -- what's that worth? I'd rather have something interesting.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
If the MMM lows were exactly the same (down to the production factory) but labelled Adidas nobody would look at them twice.

Not true at all. If the Adidas Resplit mids or lows were readily available at my local footlocker, I'd cop a pair in every colorway and trust me a lot of other will as well.

As it is, 0.001% of the population will recognize "oh those are [the boring] Margiela shoes" -- what's that worth? I'd rather have something interesting.

And you got this forum confused, if the point was to let people know you paid $300 on your sneakers, then people here would buy Gucci or LV but instead almost everyone detest them. And yeah, I buy Gucci and LV but thats me, do you. Stop worrying what another man does with his money.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Stop worrying what another man does with his money.
Get a grip, and some reading comprehension while you're at it. All I said to set this off was "I don't get the fuss about lots of MMM shoes -- especially their low tops". I think the lows are boring but I didn't criticize anybody for liking them.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get a grip, and some reading comprehension while you're at it. All I said to set this off was "I don't get the fuss about lots of MMM shoes -- especially their low tops".

Yeah but you're assuming people only buy because their made by MMM and that they are expensive. You also made a comparison to Adidas that no one would touch because it is cheap, so obviously you are pointing out that the cost and money is involved. It is obvious people go crazy for GATs, evident by all the people asking and PMing where to get the Adidas Resplit (GAT look-alike) when I posted a pic of it a few months ago. So yeah, people actually like the MMM lows and not just buy it for the name.

You also mention people recognizing it as if people only buy it to let people know you got money to spend when it also isn't true. Again, worry about what you do and let other live.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep telling me what I'm saying and then arguing with it. If you're doing the work for both of us I see no reason to go on.

Suffice it to say you are misinterpreting and/or distorting most of the points you're attempting to refute.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It doesn't look like a Walmart shoe? If the MMM lows were exactly the same (down to the production factory) but labelled Adidas nobody would look at them twice.

As it is, 0.001% of the population will recognize "oh those are [the boring] Margiela shoes" -- what's that worth? I'd rather have something interesting.

who cares. you know what it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads