• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chipotle Thread

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
what is kiya's bowl scoop method, pray tell?

darkknight

Reaction score
stuffed down two fajita burritos today. **** was ballin. 2k calories in one sitting.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that is insane. I don't know if I could finish half a chipotle burrito nowadays.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
what is kiya's bowl scoop method, pray tell?

Originally Posted by kiya
I eat the burrito bowl with no rice and a side of chips, i actually CRAVE it now. No idea how that happened.

teacha.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i actually like their rice, never tried their chips.
redface.gif
We have a decent Chipotle/Qdoba ripoff that tries pretty hard at what they do here in Seoul, not far from my house; will I be disappointed in Japan, dude?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually like their rice, never tried their chips.
redface.gif

We have a decent Chipotle/Qdoba ripoff that tries pretty hard at what they do here in Seoul, not far from my house; will I be disappointed in Japan, dude?

Very hard to find decent Mexican here in Kansai, not sure about Tokyo.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the chips are healthier than the rice? do you eat more than a few?

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinothabit
Here's my beef with Chipotle: To my palette, it has no flavor. Sure it tastes decent as "food", but as "mexican food" it just strikes me as boring.....the whitest mexican food ever.

No lard in the beans, no achiote in the rice, no frying of the carnitas in the pork fat......

I do think it's some of the better "fast-food" out there so I won't knock it on all accounts, but when it comes to Mexican food I need more artery-clogging, taste-bud satisfying lard.
laugh.gif

Why does it have to be Mexican food? Why can't it just be it's own food? When I am craving Mexican I don't go to Chipotle; to me it is something else entirely.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ew at Chipotle chips. They are so obscenely salty that I can't stomach them. I've had a "free chips & guac" coupon sitting for ages.

Kyoung05

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Why does it have to be Mexican food? Why can't it just be it's own food? When I am craving Mexican I don't go to Chipotle; to me it is something else entirely.

+1. I feel the same way about McDonalds - it's its own category of food - no one goes to McDonalds because they're craving a burger.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the chips are healthier than the rice? do you eat more than a few?

Originally Posted by Rambo
I actually had to add salt to mine. They were rather bland.

Kiya - The chips vs. rice is a wash when it comes to unhealthiness.

I literally might eat 10 chips during the meal, 10 chips don't make me feel the way i do when i eat all that rice they put at the base of the bowl.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
This happened to me a few times..then I discovered I have an allergy to avocado. Now I order without.

i see you are from the capital district. Chipotle is popping up all over. Stuyvesant Plaza one is packed all the time.

Yeah it is. I think one just opened in Saratoga, and I know Clifton Park and Latham both have 'em.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads