• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
From my limited experience, Vass cordovans tend to fit 1/2 to a full size larger than their calf counterparts of identical size. I believe that David recently experienced this as well with his double-monks. YMMV.

The Vass shell cordovans definitely do run large and are variable in how large they run. Some for me fit fine right off the bat while others have needed an insole or a tongue pad and then fit well. Never any guarantees with handmade shoes unfortunately, but they do seem to hit the mark the large majority of the time thank goodness.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
New acquisition.
IMG_2428.jpg

Unrelated, but I've been sort of eyeing a similar model put out by Balint: http://www.balint.at/pictures/zoom/0656fh.jpg

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
The Vass shell cordovans definitely do run large and are variable in how large they run. Some for me fit fine right off the bat while others have needed an insole or a tongue pad and then fit well. Never any guarantees with handmade shoes unfortunately, but they do seem to hit the mark the large majority of the time thank goodness.

Did kolecho mention anything about this? He has quite a few cordo and was wondering if he advised you on sizing at all.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theyare: Thank you for sharing. They are beautiful. It confirms that I have made the right decision with my most recent order (same shoe in oxblood).

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love that norweger high boot - a norweger chukka in suede has been on my permanent "to buy" list. I don't wear high boots very often but I'll wear chukkas all the time, year round.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Did kolecho mention anything about this? He has quite a few cordo and was wondering if he advised you on sizing at all.

Kolecho advised to still stick with your size as they start out roomy and mold to your feet. Sounds like Medtech got one a bit too big which is unfortunate. Just be prepared with a Tacco insole and tongue pad when they come in! :^)

Whoa. Just realized this is post #2000 for me. True Geekdom here I come!

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Love that norweger high boot - a norweger chukka in suede has been on my permanent "to buy" list. I don't wear high boots very often but I'll wear chukkas all the time, year round.
Thanks and totally agree on the versatility of Chukkas. Perhaps that's why I have three pairs which is probably way more than I need!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That complicates matters!

i remember from an older post of oshinex that they have a certified measuring kit.

i'm just wondering, why "nobody" uses this effective tool???

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What else?

as long as the fit of the last is right for you, every one should own an authentic budapester once in his life. unfortunately, i don't have one either...

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London Chukka in Dark Brown shell cordovan with natural soles with topy and 360 Goyser welt on the P2 last with an HAF sole. Fun!
IMG_1994.jpg
IMG_1989.jpg
IMG_1987.jpg
IMG_1992.jpg

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron

+1

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
London Chukka in Dark Brown shell cordovan with natural soles with topy and 360 Goyser welt on the P2 last with an HAF sole. Fun!

IMG_1994.jpg

chukka + natural sole + goyser =
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads