• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TqKU6.jpg

pX877.jpg

6zX6r.jpg

kwoyeu

Reaction score
like that fit lel. personally i would prefer a vest with a different texture but i like all the rest

for those who have the ervell fairisle from this season, what do you wear it with? i have the ivory and don't find it very easy to pair with my other stuff. (i'm guessing the light blue/red would be even harder, but i dunno)
anyways, this is my attempt today to wear it w/ my other stuff
redface.gif
boring i know..

pic01.jpg

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just give it to me and dont worry about pairing it with anything^^

sick fit epoc.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
you can have mine

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
I dont think most want to see mall brand fits, though. This is a site for hobbyists so you would at least expect people to break the threshold of wearing typical generic mall stuff.

This, to me, is just so wrongheaded, for so many reasons...

For one, all clothes -- mall brand, designer, etc. -- fit different people...differently. What you'll look good in has very little to do with price. For another, I doubt most can actually distinguish 'generic mall stuff' from the SF-sheeple brands. My best fit pic? A military sweater I said was Dior. :p

Hell, 99% of the prized 'hobbyist' looks are just rehashes of other, cheaply available clothing anyway. You can look like a rail worker w/o spending $500. And Lane, the Colombine killers nailed your aesthetic for much less.

It's a little dispiriting, seeing the kidz logging-on and being taught to revere the affiliate brands and dropping all their student loan money on these doll-sized ToJs indistinguishable from the Macy's house brand; it's even worse, a few months later, having to endure their sermons on 'quality', watching them become unpaid evangels for high-priced dreck, when all they might really need -- I'm looking at you, here, Lane -- is maybe just a hug and a cup of tea and perhaps a little tip-off that Evil ** Novak is not a good look for *anyone*.

Creativity: yes.

Variety: yes.

Unreflective brand-whoring: no.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ataru
il ciclista, cool hair, tee goes well with the rockabilly look.
Thanks for the kind words..i'm trying to channel my inner jailhouse rock look lol
Originally Posted by Synthese
ciclista, i think you've got the best haircut-to-headshape ratio on SF. love it.
Flattering, thanks! It did take me forever to find something that worked with my big head haha

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
just give it to me and dont worry about pairing it with anything^^

sick fit epoc.

lol i'm not giving it to you!
devil.gif
it's one of the few knits that has the right sleeve length for me
and it's also an S. i gather you normally wear Ms.

G0079

Reaction score
I don't really like the pushed up sleeves on the fair isle, especially if the sleeves fit you well.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
For another, I doubt most can actually distinguish 'generic mall stuff' from the SF-sheeple brands. .

Yes they can, it's called "fit", a concept you don't have a very good grasp of according to your WAYWTs.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I am really disporportioned, I'm not doing anything on purpose to extenuate it. I Barbell curl as much as I squat and my bench is like double my squat so my legs are really thin for my body where as my upper body is fairly built, it isn't moobs.

God damn, you 'workout' and look like that? You're wasting your time... why do you keep saying your upper body is fairly built?
facepalm.gif
frown.gif

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
lol i'm not giving it to you!
devil.gif
it's one of the few knits that has the right sleeve length for me
and it's also an S. i gather you normally wear Ms.

nah im definitely a small..

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Yes they can, it's called "fit", a concept you don't have a very good grasp of according to your WAYWTs.

Stop and think about this for a moment. No one is built the same; there is no magical price point at which a slim-fit shirt will start looking great on everyone. Some will look good in a Merona shirt and bad in Zegna shirt; others will have the opposite experience.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
That's why you get dress shirts tailored

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel

Most people who that also, again, have not handled nice **** and lol @ the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads