• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

skokiekid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JH-Z
Hi Guys,

Need your opinions on the below:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

It is a 2011 Zegna Soft. Real or fake? Thoughts?

bounce2.gif

The cloth is from Zegna but the suit is not made by Zegna. Many people mistakenly interpret the material to mean that it is a Zegna suit. A "real" 2011 suit by Zegna would have a different label.

The other poster is correct---Zegna Soft hasn't been made in more than a decade. You may be thinking of Z Zegna which is a trendier, less expensive, and less well-made line of Zegna. The Z Zegna line of suits is fused as yours probably is.

fungz0r

Reaction score
What is the sizing like for AE shoes? I'm thinking of picking up a pair of strands and park avenues

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
What is the sizing like for AE shoes? I'm thinking of picking up a pair of strands and park avenues

Pretty true to size. The 5 last, which the PA is on, runs somewhat long and narrow. Not sure on the strands, but I think they have a last guide on their site.

ewc

Reaction score
So I thought I'd get a suit made up on a recent trip to Hong Kong late last year. I walked into the store, armed with most of the basics this forum dishes out to newbies. I opened my mouth to speak to the guy, and...the next thing I knew, I was back in my hotel room with a suit bag hanging in the closet. Supposedly, ten days had passed. And, supposedly, a couple of fittings as well.

How did I do? Besides the jacket sleeves, I can't help but shake the feeling it's a little too boxy. Maybe something about the quarters being too closed?

YUiJE.jpg
mgg5Y.jpg

Would appreciate some comments before I took it to the tailors about those sleeves.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by C3PLOS
This morning, grabbed a black vest from my closet and wore it out with black pants, black jacket, lavender shirt and tie. However, once I went out into daylight, realized the vest was navy!

Could the navy vest still work with the black pants and jacket if there are small navy flowers in the tie I'm wearing?

no. sorry, man.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ewc
So I thought I'd get a suit made up on a recent trip to Hong Kong late last year. I walked into the store, armed with most of the basics this forum dishes out to newbies. I opened my mouth to speak to the guy, and...the next thing I knew, I was back in my hotel room with a suit bag hanging in the closet. Supposedly, ten days had passed. And, supposedly, a couple of fittings as well.

How did I do? Besides the jacket sleeves, I can't help but shake the feeling it's a little too boxy. Maybe something about the quarters being too closed?

YUiJE.jpg
mgg5Y.jpg

Would appreciate some comments before I took it to the tailors about those sleeves.

Quarters too closed. Buttoning point is a bit high. Boxiness or not is really subjective, on average it's fine. There is a slight break under the elbow of the left arm, is it always there?

milkisgood

Reaction score
What is a good shirt color for a dark grey pinstripe suit?
This will be worn as business professional for interviews or similar events.

madstaxbro

Reaction score
Can't imagine I'll get much help but can anybody ID this guy? I see him in menswear catalogs and ads all the time.
0qyZK.jpg

corona951

Reaction score
I'm a pretty fashion forward guy but I bought this navy blue Burberry trench and nothing I try seems to go! The trench itself is short length and really dark navy, I want to wear it kinda business casual like with some slacks and button up....etc.... Could even go with a suit. Could you give me some slack/shirt/cardigan combos as well as suit/shirt combos?

BTW I'm not a skinny guy but I'm not enormous either : 6'1, 190 lbs, shirt size: L

Thanks guys in advance .

illych

Reaction score
Hi there, does anyone know what kind of jacket this guy is wearing? Does anyone recognise a designer? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads