• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW Chan's March Tour

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion
If you order shirts from Chan during the tour, it is more of a MTM. I suppose if you order from them in HK, you can get them bespoke. Their shirt prices start at ~ $150 for TM Silver.

good price - not too far off Mytailor.com prices

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Herbert
good price - not too far off Mytailor.com prices

Prices have gone up after the Lunar New Year.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Will hit the Chan tour for the first time next week. My plan is to commission a pair of light grey and charcoal grey fresco trousers (est. price, $508 ea.). Should arrive just in time for DC's muggy summer weather.

If all goes well, I will hit them on their subsequent swing for some winter trousers.

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Prices have gone up after the Lunar New Year.

Do you know what their latest prices will start at? I am sure we will find out during their March tour.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion
Do you know what their latest prices will start at? I am sure we will find out during their March tour.

I thought 20% across the board.

brooklyn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
I thought 20% across the board.

can someone please confirm that they have increased there prices.

emptym

Reaction score
It's definitely true that the prices have increased, but I'm not sure by how much. It may not be by the same percentage across the board. The main reason is the recent increase in cotton and wool prices.

SSN

Reaction score
Just thought I'd update with my experience:

FIRST IMPRESSION:
I recently finished my first fitting with Patrick Chu yesterday. Things went well, although he took my Mr. Ned jacket to measure and I wasn't looking to replicate that style. He and his assistant did things very well - the room was not too crowded or overflowing with clients (as I have seen with other visiting HK tailors). Everyone had a half hour timeslot and there was only 1 other client there at the time. Total time took just over an hour from picking fabric to jacket measurements to picking out details and finally measuring me and discussing stylisting points. Everyone had reservations and was marked as new or returning.

He had a large selection of suiting materials and shirt fabrics.

PRICES:
VBCs were $1300 for 2 piece suits to start
Zegnas, Holland & Sherry, Scabbal were all $1650-2000 to start for 2 piece suits.
Shirts were in the $170 range.

TIMELINE:
He said that most people would be getting a suit around June or so. If you wanted several fittings back and forth, they were willing to ship the basted suit to you at your cost (as has been discussed in other threads). He was willing to send these measurements back to HK for me since I will be there next month and said it could be finished in a few days there.

In sum, it was a good experience, Patrick was exactly as gracious as described by many and was very accomodating, although I didn't ask for anything outrageous.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SSN
Just thought I'd update with my experience:

FIRST IMPRESSION:
I recently finished my first fitting with Patrick Chu yesterday. Things went well, although he took my Mr. Ned jacket to measure and I wasn't looking to replicate that style. He and his assistant did things very well - the room was not too crowded or overflowing with clients (as I have seen with other visiting HK tailors). Everyone had a half hour timeslot and there was only 1 other client there at the time. Total time took just over an hour from picking fabric to jacket measurements to picking out details and finally measuring me and discussing stylisting points. Everyone had reservations and was marked as new or returning.

He had a large selection of suiting materials and shirt fabrics.

PRICES:
VBCs were $1300 for 2 piece suits to start
Zegnas, Holland & Sherry, Scabbal were all $1800-2000 to start for 2 piece suits.
Shirts were in the $170 range.

TIMELINE:
He said that most people would be getting a suit around June or so. If you wanted several fittings back and forth, they were willing to ship the basted suit to you at your cost (as has been discussed in other threads). He was willing to send these measurements back to HK for me since I will be there next month and said it could be finished in a few days there.

In sum, it was a good experience, Patrick was exactly as gracious as described by many and was very accomodating, although I didn't ask for anything outrageous.

VBC still seems a good price but everything else seems to have jumped

SSN

Reaction score
Sorry I think I do remember a book that was a little bit less for H&S. I think that might have been a $1650 start point. Post updated.

brooklyn

Reaction score
Prices were not as bad as i expected. I really wanted to go with a Holland and Sherry but the VBC was more in my price range. I also felt that since we are still working on the overall fit the better fabrics can be saved for later.

In the end i went with a super 130 VBC suit with extra pants. Now the tough part is waiting until June for the finished product.

HEPennypacker

Reaction score
What is the timeline for a finished product if you get a basted fitting? August or September?

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEPennypacker
What is the timeline for a finished product if you get a basted fitting? August or September?

Six months is my understanding - at least if all works well. So likely September.

wmb

Reaction score
minnis flannel blue/gray jacket
h&s gabardine blue blazer

3 shirts

HEPennypacker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn
Six months is my understanding - at least if all works well. So likely September.

Thanks...so much for a summer jacket! Although here in DC, the summer heat may very well still be in full swing in September.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads