• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sf_esq
They don't look too bad that short, but they would still look better if they were the right length. I see no benefit to wearing floods. Don't think I've ever seen anyone in person pull it off, except maybe the Thom Browne or bow tie crowd.

When you realize who's wearing them, you realize the inseam is about 4 inches.

Those shoes look never before worn to me.

mcbrown

Reaction score
Just for the heck of it, my newest pair of shoes on their maiden voyage today: 9905s (whiskey PTB).

I have seen the whiskey vary in color out of the box from medium tan to almost yellowish (I think someone here recently described them as the color of piss
laugh.gif
). I'm fairly happy to have gotten a pair on the tan side, which may make them a little less "exotic" but a bit easier to match. You can't see it in the photo due to the variation in lighting, but the tongue on the left shoe is much lighter than the shoes generally (i.e. it's the piss color), so I at least have a reminder of what I'm missing.
smile.gif

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcbrown
Just for the heck of it, my newest pair of shoes on their maiden voyage today: 9905s (whiskey PTB).

I have seen the whiskey vary in color out of the box from medium tan to almost yellowish (I think someone here recently described them as the color of piss
laugh.gif
). I'm fairly happy to have gotten a pair on the tan side, which may make them a little less "exotic" but a bit easier to match. You can't see it in the photo due to the variation in lighting, but the tongue on the left shoe is much lighter than the shoes generally (i.e. it's the piss color), so I at least have a reminder of what I'm missing.
smile.gif

Congrats on the maiden voyage they look great. I'm really digging the PTB.

phantomx48

Reaction score
What do you guys think would be better suited for jean wearing. . .Alden classic longwing in #8 or Leather Soul's new Saddle NST Shoe in #8?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phantomx48
What do you guys think would be better suited for jean wearing. . .Alden classic longwing in #8 or Leather Soul's new Saddle NST Shoe in #8?
im going to say both are fine, the LW is definitely something more versatile you can wear it with jeans and or dressy clothes, the nst looks more like a casual shoe imo

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Longwing

phailing101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcbrown

laugh.gif
smile.gif

Could be the light but seem a little light for the pants.

Gorgous shoes but I would wear a darker shade with those pants. Just my thoughts.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
If I wear UK 10 in AS and CJ chukkas, what size should I get in Indy kudu waxy with commando sole ?

Thanks for your help

Indy's are usually on the Tru-Balance last (you'll need to verify this) and the conventional wisdom is to go down half a size from your US size. You posted before that you have the Hallam on the 348 last where most people go down a full size from their US size.

So,

10UK = 11US = 10.5US (Tru-Balance)

This is an educated guess though as there's no guarantee this'll fit you as most people's feet are unique. I'm also assuming that you're a standard width (E on the C&J's)?

I hope you find this somewhat helpful.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's probably moot - by the time you decide Tom will have sold out in your size!

thebunk

Reaction score
Heading to Austin & San Antonio for a conference in 2 weeks. Wondering what stores would have the best selections of Aldens? Looking for boots (not Indys) and whisky\avellos\\color #8 longwings and chukkas. Thanks.

Pastor

Reaction score
I'm about to buy another pair of LWB for summer in either Tan Suede or Snuff Suede. Which color do you think would be the more versatile? I already have a pair of AE wingtips in a dark brown suede and a pair of AE Chukkas in the same dark brown. I personally like the tan better but i'm just not sure what I would wear it with besides jeans.

phantomx48

Reaction score
Yeah. . .I want to pull the trigger on two two pairs of Aldens, but every time I try to get them I keep thinking of that LSBH trunk show next week and don't want to risk missing out.

Originally Posted by jhcam8
It's probably moot - by the time you decide Tom will have sold out in your size!

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoemart has some longwing tassels last I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads