• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
generic
vintage CPO/BR
cone x Roy
RW

Swap the cap for a beanie IMO

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I don't think it looks that good tbh :\\ and fuji looks way too top heavy

I am ridiculously top heavy, I have a 10" drop so my proportions are pretty skewed. Working on my legs, but its going slow. I did like a year of upper body work and I'm on about a month of lower body now so it will take a while. I don't think it looks particularly good either, I slept in those clothes and wore them to some dubstep night last night so I didn't really care what I was wearing, just it was a nice day out so I could take a photo outside.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
IMG_5039.jpg

you've got fuchi face here, fuji.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl

nothing spectac.

This is good. Though people keep saying it's you best favorite, I don't really agree. It's really basic, clean, and well done, and below the creativity of your previous fits. Maybe not all of them worked, but it's still worth being a little experimental at the risk of occasional failure. In other words, I liked your other fits just as much as this one even if they didn't "work" as well because they were visually intriguing.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
nice jab, you're just jealous of my jurius

I dunno even though my point might be elitist, its just harder to look stylish in generic stuff like gap or other clothes made moreso for functionality reasons. Maybe, H&M and other high fashion brands, but the lower you go..the harder it will be to accomplish looking stylish. I know people post fits to see if things fit well together but I think style is more than just if my jeans look like they fit/are good with certain shoes. I realize I always hold unpopular opinions here, though so I'll end it there.

you're right. i think in general mall brands look bad on ppl, but it also might be because most ppl dont dress well.

but i also dont think its wrong for ppl to just post outfits that aren't super creative. we're not a fashion show. we're just showing other people what we wear. sometimes its interesting in its creativity, sometimes its interesting in its well executed simplicity

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I don't think it looks that good tbh :\\ and fuji looks way too top heavy

i think fuji looks good although his legs could look bigger

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Wanted to post my first SExDBxSxS fit in the contest thread, so I'ma go ahead and **** up the WAYWT thread with it, too.

day1b.jpg
day1a.jpg
day1c.jpg

As I said there, stacks aren't settling well (yet). Hoping that improves with wear.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
This is good. Though people keep saying it's you best favorite, I don't really agree. It's really basic, clean, and well done, and below the creativity of your previous fits. Maybe not all of them worked, but it's still worth being a little experimental at the risk of occasional failure. In other words, I liked your other fits just as much as this one even if they didn't "work" as well because they were visually intriguing.

yeah i agree with you
blush.gif

its very simple, hence the "nothing spectac" spoiler lol!
im not going to settle on dressing like this everyday, ill try to keep the creativity level high
devil.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand when people say I look top heavy because i'll wear 4+ layers with skinny jeans, about to topple over in heavy winds.. -- but fuji looks proportionate. Sure he's got skinny legs, but...disagree @ top heavy. meh.

ataru

Reaction score
It seems to me that fuji's top heavy look is a stylistic choice. He is significantly sagging very skinny jeans. It creates the long torso, short skinny legs look, which I believe is what he's going for. Slim instead of skinny jeans sagged less would make him look more proportionate, (in the sense of closer to "ideal" proportions" but the look wouldn't be as youthful, and I think fuji is specifically aiming for a youthful look (especially considering what he was saying about wanting to wear more supreme, obey etc.). And fuji is young, so why not?

I don't like the tee though... seems to be giving a moob effect.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really disporportioned, I'm not doing anything on purpose to extenuate it. I Barbell curl as much as I squat and my bench is like double my squat so my legs are really thin for my body where as my upper body is fairly built, it isn't moobs.

ataru

Reaction score
fuji, i know they're not moobs, but the tee makes them look like moobs, which isn't so good.

il ciclista, cool hair, tee goes well with the rockabilly look.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
snow, that looks really good. that varsity fits spot on

ciclista, i think you've got the best haircut-to-headshape ratio on SF. love it.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
somet 030. nope, they are already pretty extreme. they fit like jeggings when i first put them on
laugh.gif

its the model where the guy from BiG sags them below his ass and wear dirty beat up chucks. not very indicative of how they really fit imo..

oh yeah. cool.

those look great on you. they have them in my size too! i think the knee measurement will be a little tight on me but i might give them a try.

thanks again for the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads