• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
monarch-butterfly-migration.jpg
c250aea3.jpg
18999187.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday, boys. Let's get this party started -- peacock-style.

Closeup-72.jpg

400px-peacock_front02_-_melbourne_zoo.jpg

Leaning-22.jpg

Sleeve-16.jpg

peacock-eye.JPG

Link-2.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good to see the Nature entries coming in!
smile.gif
I interpreted Mother Nature fairly broadly, with a Night Sky over the Desert. Original photographer is a Dan Ransom (click image to go to his online album). I just thought the image was awe-inspiring. I've tried to echo some of the colours, motifs, and the "feel" of the textures in my look, but really, the photo is too good for me to do it justice!
smile.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
18999187.jpg

Matching your pocket square to the dog is some next level ****.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual day for me - not travelling and working from home. If I can get enough done, it's off for skiing by mid-afternoon. For the nature theme, I guess a mountain stream is where I was going with this.
cbfb7168.jpg
06bc9171.jpg
f931875b.jpg
5379276536_0bb4a9a6e1_z.jpg

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Hermes cream cotton suit, Tommy Bahama camp shirt, Allen Edmonds Hastings shoes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chico2007

Reaction score
This challenge is awesome. SO much talent and creativity on SF.

Still think upr_crust should go clean shaven. If you don't like it, just grow it back.

Preview(if my wife ever finds out i'm doing these things...lol)

11bp7yq.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
This challenge is awesome. SO much talent and creativity on SF.

Still think upr_crust should go clean shaven. If you don't like it, just grow it back.

Preview(if my wife ever finds out i'm doing these things...lol)

Stay tuned - you may well see changes of facial configuration sooner than later.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nature Once again, thanks Sartorialism, for the hook up on the awesome RLPL sportscoat! -TTO -took a lot of effort not to wear the panama today!

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
I realize that today's theme is "Inspired by Nature", but that would require me to be natural, and this morning I feel about as natural as the Duc des Esseintes in "Against the Grain" (and trust me, if you've not read the book, that ain't natural). Going with my own theme, I am sure that I have compiled an ensemble guaranteed to have a feature to horrify you all. If so, then my work is done
biggrin.gif
. Paying some lip service to nature, today's cufflinks are in the form of scarab beetles (from the gift shop of the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford - hometown of the inventor of today's theme, holdfast).
IMGP0163543x1280.jpg
IMGP0162486x1280.jpg
IMGP0161991x1280.jpg
IMGP0159835x1280.jpg
IMGP0160851x1280.jpg

I hate to say this, but the fit on your pants, jacket, and shirt is atrocious. I do like the tie and the links, though.
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Hermes cream cotton suit, Tommy Bahama camp shirt, Allen Edmonds Hastings shoes.

I hate that shirt, but otherwise the outfit is quite neat! I think it would perhaps look great in, say, a gingham shirt in primary colors (red/light green/light blue).

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO
Nature

Once again, thanks Sartorialism, for the hook up on the awesome RLPL sportscoat!

-TTO

-took a lot of effort not to wear the panama today!

Very nice. I have a new favorite for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics