• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

rfpgh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDroog
Try mainline LE instead of LEC for certain items:[/b] LE plaid shirts, slim fit oxford shirts, and slim-fit dress shirts are noticeably better in terms of quality (and potentially fit).

I would second this for the LE Oxfords, which don't suffer from the weird ballooning at the waist that afflicts LEC shirts and are generally a lot dressier and nicer looking. I asked a rep on the website at one point and they are actually somewhat slimmer than the LEC oxfords. The only drawback is that their fabric is rougher and stiffer.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rfpgh
I would second this for the LE Oxfords, which don't suffer from the weird ballooning at the waist that afflicts LEC shirts and are generally a lot dressier and nicer looking. I asked a rep on the website at one point and they are actually somewhat slimmer than the LEC oxfords. The only drawback is that their fabric is rougher and stiffer.

What are the slim fit oxfords called on the main LE site?

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
I think the sleeves are quite baggy on the LE oxfords. Took one to a local tailor and he said it was impossible to slim them down for some reason. He was probably shittin' me though

Ardy

Reaction score
sup y'all anyone got any pics of what lands end's velvet plum looks like IRL? thnx

porschemad911

Reaction score
I was thinking about joining that other 'March 2011 No Purchase' thread, but ... kind of clicked 'buy' for the LEC sale. Couldn't resist the additional 30% off on sale prices ... got a cashmere cotton sweater, canvas sneakers, cotton cardigan, 2 polos, leather sandals, denim jacket and cord shirt for $150 shipped international. Bargain!

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndyMcL
Anyone have any experience with their tees?

I like their tees a lot. They are cut fairly slim, but not tight. It works for me. The fabric is a little thing, but very nice.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tit_tyrant
I think the sleeves are quite baggy on the LE oxfords. Took one to a local tailor and he said it was impossible to slim them down for some reason. He was probably shittin' me though

BS. My tailor just took in the sleeves on two LE Hyde Park Oxfords. Slimmed down the waist too, total bill was $30/each.
facepalm.gif
Worth it for the fabric though, total I paid for that fabric in a perfect fit was only $60. Too bad they don't come in other colors.

clarence_y

Reaction score
Anyone pick up one of their stick umbrellas? They look pretty decent for the price.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All sale stuff is an additional 70% off in store...was down at the protests in Madison yesterday and was super cold so I stopped by and got a wool blend sweater for $10. It's pretty crappy but a decently slim fit and a great buy for $10 when you're chilled to the bone.

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
Just placed an order with the 30% off and free shipping promotion they're running:

The Heritage Poplin Shirt
Item: 38730-9X59, Berry Pink Bengal Stripe, Size: Small
$12.99

Men's Heritage Garment Dyed Oxford Shirt
Item: 39136-8X56, Dark Chocolate, Size: Small
$16.99

The Heritage Patterned Poplin
Item: 39144-8X50, Velvet Plum Plaid, Size: Small
$12.99

The Heritage Striped Crewneck Tee
Item: 39146-1X51, Gray Heather/True Navy, Size: Small
$ 9.99

The Heritage Striped Crewneck Tee
Item: 39146-1X51, Storm Blue/True Navy, Size: Small
$ 9.99

Item: 39144-8X50, Light Balsam Multi Plaid, Size: Small
$12.99

Item: 39144-8X50, Rich Red Plaid, Size: Small
$12.99

Item: 39136-8X56, Seaport, Size: Small
$16.99

Item: 39136-8X56, Royal Burgundy, Size: Small
$16.99

Paid 93.44 shipped all in all, so a little over $10 bucks a shirts makes me a very happy camper
smile.gif

As far as he sizing is concerned, I feel the shirts fit me very well, I've tried on the size smalls at the Madison store and although I can do the mediums they are not as fitted as I like where as the smalls fit slim but I wish the sleeves were an inch longer (they're not too short for my arms but a little bit more length would've been ideal)

I will post fit pictures when my order arrives
smile.gif

fpr4

Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the clearance Harrington Jacket and the new one? Only thing I can see based on the pictures is that the new one looks to have more authentic Harrington pockets...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics