• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do most cupcakes suck?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It annoys me to see the massive (around the block deep) at Georgetown cupcake. Even after they moved to a larger location. I pity all the guys stuck in line, but then they have these goofy satifised grins on their faces.
ffffuuuu.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The Macrina Bakery in Seattle sells the only cupcake I like, but it has a filling and is not fluffy like most.

2081900861_7f5d53e0a6.jpg

I'd hit that like the fist of an angry god.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adidasfan
I never liked cupcakes but have tried hundreds until I discovered
the organic cupcakes (ive tried them a few places) and they are to die for.

Organic Red Velvet Cupcakes are amazing

not to be mean, but please tell me this is a parody.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
not to be mean, but please tell me this is a parody.

But but but...organic makes everything taste better!

laugh.gif

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
The cupcake fad may indeed suck on many levels. But without it, I would have never tried a red velvet

haha, do you know what red velvet cake is? chocolate with flavorless red food coloring

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Cake: does anyone make superb cake? If so, do you expect a cupcake shop run by two 30-yr-old lesbian home-trained cooks to be able to do the same? no. It's ******* obvious why every middle-aged privileged white woman without any other marketable skill is trying to move in on this business. Need to afford teh Beamerz with no husband yet
Pebble, I happen to agree with you that a good bagel is more impressive than a cupcake, but I find the homophobia and misogyny of your post totally repellent. Must every thread descend to the gutter?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
Pebble, I happen to agree with you that a good bagel is more impressive than a cupcake, but I find the homophobia and misogyny of your post totally repellent. Must every thread descend to the gutter?

oh cmon he's just working out his momma issues.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
haha, do you know what red velvet cake is? chocolate with flavorless red food coloring

really? are you really sure about that? do you know the difference between chocolate and cocoa?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hayek LOVED them.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
They look great between her boobs, but what doesn't.

Originally Posted by philosophe
Too much damned frosting.

no, i disagree. too damned much frosting looks great there.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
really? are you really sure about that? do you know the difference between chocolate and cocoa?

Are there traditional chocolate cakes which don't use cocoa? teach us, Food Guy

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
of course there are. there are chocolate cakes that are made with chocolate, chocolate cakes that are made from chocolate and cocoa and chocolate cakes that are made from cocoa. the thing that makes a red velvet cake particular is the combination of cocoa and buttermilk. OK?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads