• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Quick question:

Would you consider your Benjamin Lucente suits to have a normal or high button-stance?

(I was the guy that was torn between a 38R and 38S at 5'9). The length of the 38S is perfect on me, IMO, but the button stance is rather high because of that. (Around 4" above my waist).

P.S. I still owe you some SEO advice

Yes - slightly higher button stance. This time around it will be a little bit lower (about 3 cm), and the length of the jacket will also be shorter by 1 cm.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SupeMassivePowerTrip
What happened to the lucente model? Seems like it's been superceded by the satorial model

We still have the LUcente model - just sold out in medium gray, charcoal and navy in most sizes. Will be restocked hopefully by the end of March.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
Yes - slightly higher button stance. This time around it will be a little bit lower (about 3 cm), and the length of the jacket will also be shorter by 1 cm.

Damn, this would probably have made the 38R perfect for me =/

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought a Borrelli shirt from ehaberdasher ? Are they slim fit or regular ?

What P2P should I expect for a 15.75 shirt

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Anyone bought a Borrelli shirt from ehaberdasher ? Are they slim fit or regular ?

I purchased two 15.5 last year (one in April, one in October or so) and they are both slim. Only Ben could give you general advice though. I would be interested in some general info as well.

P2P = pit to pit?

lychee

Reaction score
hi ben, with the new lucente's arriving at the end of march (hopefully), are there going to be any major changes to the previous versions? in particular, the shoulders?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lychee
hi ben, with the new lucente's arriving at the end of march (hopefully), are there going to be any major changes to the previous versions? in particular, the shoulders?

The new shipment will hopefully arrive within 5 weeks. No major changes, but the jacket will be 1cm shorter and the button stance slightly lower - probably actually only 1.5cm lower. No changes in the shoulder - maybe a few different models coming out later this year to replace the Maestro.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

They're almost all slim

CharlieJade

Reaction score
G'day SF'ers.

To compliment my only other quality suit, I have dived in with my confidence for Ben and his company. Am looking to build a collection of fine suits that will serve me later in my professional career and am hoping Ehaberdasher will be my outfitter
bigstar[1].gif

Starting off with the Lucente model, which am hoping is a 6 drop. I tried an 8 drop in Canali with slight buckling on the lapel.

sidenote
* in regards to both Ehaberdasher and Benjamin site, can the Benjamin range have better representation with higher resolution photos of the garments please.

broke my SF duck
inlove.gif

ak622

Reaction score
Hi Ben,

Can you please comment on the fitting between your house brand of trousers versus the Incotex brand? Are they of similar cutting/fit? Thanks!

bazarov

Reaction score
Ben,

You mentioned that the next batch of Lucente suits were likely coming at the end of March with slightly altered dimensions (i.e. slightly lower button stance and slightly shorter jacket). Can we also expect them to come in different fabrics?

As an FYI, I purchased a navy blue lucente last year which I have found to be a great suit. Still, I think that your modifications to the lucente will make it even better (while I don't mind the high button stance of the original, I think that having it a bit lower will make it even sharper) and I might order a few more this year when they come in.

Best,
Brian

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieJade
G'day SF'ers.
sidenote
* in regards to both Ehaberdasher and Benjamin site, can the Benjamin range have better representation with higher resolution photos of the garments please.

You do realize there is a link next to the magnifying glass on each suit item page that links to additional photos of the garment, right?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ak622
Hi Ben,

Can you please comment on the fitting between your house brand of trousers versus the Incotex brand? Are they of similar cutting/fit? Thanks!

Benjamin trousers are slightly slimmer than Incotex US models, and slightly fuller than Incotex Euro models. Hope that helps... most similar to the Incotex US "Milan" model.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bazarov
Ben,

You mentioned that the next batch of Lucente suits were likely coming at the end of March with slightly altered dimensions (i.e. slightly lower button stance and slightly shorter jacket). Can we also expect them to come in different fabrics?

As an FYI, I purchased a navy blue lucente last year which I have found to be a great suit. Still, I think that your modifications to the lucente will make it even better (while I don't mind the high button stance of the original, I think that having it a bit lower will make it even sharper) and I might order a few more this year when they come in.

Best,
Brian

Hi Brian - in 4-5 weeks we'll have the same fabrics - solid navy, solid charcoal, solid medium gray. We do have a few other fabrics that will be coming out later this Summer hopefully - but first we want to see how the new Lucente fares with our customers...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads