• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the driving force that causes you to return to StyleForum? (MC Version)

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Well, The Rule is, "White hanky over black heart."

- B

You have a heart?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You assholes can all go to hell!

- B

eh.gif

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition; And gentlemen in England now-a-bed Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
+1

thatguymj

Reaction score
Thought you guys might want to hear from a newly signed up memeber on this subject...

I've lurked on and off here for a few years as I had a causal interest in style/fashion for quite some time now, mostly SW&D with a little MC thrown in for special occasions. Working in Silicon Valley you so rarely see well dressed people that I found this forum kept me connected to what is out there.

Recently, I took a consulting job at a high end mens store and though I don't actually work on the floor I decided to start dressing up so that I looked as sharp as everyone else. The single most important tool that helped me from dressing poorly in my MC attire was the WAYWT thread. Simply by browsing through the last few months/ and some from last season at this time, worth of posts, I was MUCH better able to see what colors and patterns might work well on me. How important fit is, what not to do, etc etc

Anyways, I felt like I had taken a lot from this place and that by making this post I could kinda give back, so to speak.

Oh, and Spoo, I think you're probably the best dressed guy I've ever seen. I know you get tons of love from the folks here, but I can see why. I also like the fits of Niidawg, Tonio28, and a few others whose names are escaping me at the moment. This is the first and probably only fashion forum I've ever used and probably ever will, so something here must be working right.

Oh, and while I am posting here, do any of the guys from this forum ever do parties/meet ups? I live in the bay area and would like to maybe meet up for some drinks and discuss clothes. I'm sure my GF will look at me crazy if I told her I Was going to meet up with some GUYS for drinks to talk about clothes, but given she went with me to a party in vegas to meet up with my gambling forum 'friends', I guess the ice is already kind of broken.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The question I have most of all:

Vox, hero worship aside, you have a great deal to offer a range of people, yet even when you contribute, you cover it up by editing in snark or uselessnes.

There are a number of posters who we would love to see return, but actually your presence is more detrimental to the state of the forum with a teasing almost Greek God-like attitude towards the forum.

From this side of the fence it appears that the forum has bored you (and F. Corbera) so much that you are reduced to simply smashing the toys that you once doted upon.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Vox, hero worship aside, you have a great deal to offer a range of people, yet even when you contribute, you cover it up by editing in snark or uselessnes.

...and that's a bad thing how?
wink.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
I started on AAAC, but I find that I would prefer to emulate the styles of some of the people here. For the first year, the shoe damage threads alone kept me coming back. Now it's largely habit, but there's still more I can learn here.

Without SF, I'd prolly never have got EGs.

Plus, I like the locker room ambiance. IMO it's one of the few places where we can be free.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
You did always have a way with words!
Voxy, why do you keep redacting your poasts?

OyezDC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Now that is what I call fit and style.

+1 Say what you will about Vox, but his fits were first-rate, and it is a big loss to the forum's archives that most or all of his old photos have gone dark.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads