• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Restoration Hardware has some pieces that look like that made from reclaimed wood.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Table from Pottery Barn. I like the wood, very inviting. What would you pay for something like this? Where would you look for this type of table, other than Pottery Barn?

Not my style, but the Amish make tables like this. There are many local makers in the mid-Atlantic region who use reclaimed barn wood. Here's an example that is basically the exact same table made from reclaimed pine:
http://www.oldbarnstar.com/apps/phot...otoid=60734623
Here's a bigger one with an extension:
http://www.oldbarnstar.com/apps/phot...toid=113505336

Standard charge for a 60"x36" with reclaimed pine and the turned legs is $530. Add another $80 for a thicker top. Add $150 for two 18" extensions. All in, it's under $800.

These tables are really common and can be customized quite cheaply. Again, not my style, but I'd buy from a local maker than a box store. Get exactly what you want and a lot cheaper.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Not my style, but the Amish make tables like this. There are many local makers in the mid-Atlantic region who use reclaimed barn wood. Here's an example that is basically the exact same table made from reclaimed pine: http://www.oldbarnstar.com/apps/phot...otoid=60734623 Here's a bigger one with an extension: http://www.oldbarnstar.com/apps/phot...toid=113505336 Standard charge for a 60"x36" with reclaimed pine and the turned legs is $530. Add another $80 for a thicker top. Add $150 for two 18" extensions. All in, it's under $800. These tables are really common and can be customized quite cheaply. Again, not my style, but I'd buy from a local maker than a box store. Get exactly what you want and a lot cheaper.
Thanks. It would be for a fishing cottage on Georgian Bay, so I think it will fit very well. I'd prefer something that is a little rustic with intentional imperfections.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
I kind of like a few of those fixtures. Over the top but kinda cool.

We kept one and had it restored. It has Wedgwood cameos and is quite over the top and silly, but kind of works where it is.

dsc0001ifw.jpg

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just stumbled upon this guys furniture while doing some research on purple heart wood. I love it:

purpleheart-armoire.jpg

I think I'll do my next project in purple heart which is my version of the 'Index three low' book case.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
We kept one and had it restored. It has Wedgwood cameos and is quite over the top and silly, but kind of works where it is.

Totally over the top but awesome nonetheless.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok looking for OPs on this kitchen. Please in advance don't do the it looks like
a NJ condo I have heard that before.
laugh.gif
Anything else is greatly appreciated.
trufflebrown.gif

SUPER K

Reaction score
like the look, don't know about the function. Is that the sink to the left of the range? Where is the fridge?
Seems like the range is at the end of an alley.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
Ok looking for OPs on this kitchen. Please in advance don't do the it looks like a NJ condo I have heard that before.
laugh.gif
Anything else is greatly appreciated.
trufflebrown.gif

Pro's: Range hood is cool. Stovetop seems to be nicely situated. L-shaped dining table/nook is neat looking. Con's: Drawers under stovetop? Bookcases instead of cabinets? Need to see placement of stove, fridge, and dishwasher to make a final distinction. At this point, I 'd have to vote thumbs down.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Con's: Drawers under stovetop? Bookcases instead of cabinets?

If the drawers have been designed correctly, it isn't a problem and, you can have all your spices, stove cleaning aid or utensils right where you need them.

Originally Posted by cunning47
Is that the fridge on the counter to the left? If so, that's a strange placement. Also, where is the oven?

I was wondering the same about the fridge, but with being a show kitchen it can be anywhere or not there at all, but based on looks and design I like it.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I actually like the general look of it all, but yet again it's a matter of functionality for me and that just doesn't work

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks much better than a NJ condo.

I don't dislike it. I am not a fan of dark kitchens to begin with - I feel that it's a maintenance nightmare. Disregarding the practical aspect of storing china on a shelf, using an electric stove, and keeping that place clean - it looks good on picture.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
It looks much better than a NJ condo.

I don't dislike it. I am not a fan of dark kitchens to begin with - I feel that it's a maintenance nightmare. Disregarding the practical aspect of storing china on a shelf, using an electric stove, and keeping that place clean - it looks good on picture.

I can't quite tell what is going on there. Is that an induction range for high speed boiling and super-controllable simmering paired with a couple of gas burners for non-liquid items?

Agree on the shelves and dark colors not working outside of a showroom though...Unless you never use your kitchen and have housekeeping staff, your shelves will never look that ordered. The dark color just seems like it is begging to look bad as it gets some usage-wear.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the issue with shelves is that everything needs to be dusted / washed all the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads