• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
I was eying it today. $110. Might wait Til I hit up MN in a month
why you followin me around b? My shopping list for the next couple of weeks, ellensworth 10 laph qc hp 18 Big ups to baconlover.

Raralith

Reaction score
Some interesting names listed here, and I'm going to definately check some of them out. I'm normally drinking Macallan (12 or 18), Johnnie Walker Black (not a fan of green or blue), and J&B.

My wife wanted to become a bartender and I use to drink heavily, but I've cooled it in the last few years. We did have some friends over though and drank the Black and Gold label which are missing from the middle shelf. I need to buy another Macallan 18 too since I'm out, but also a good way to block it off when our baby is born. We've also got a friend that I'm pretty sure is an alcoholic and has repeatedly try to finish those Grey Gooses on the top by himself; he's been escourted out by security with my wife and I taking care of him one too many times.
alcohol02282011.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
why you followin me around b?

My shopping list for the next couple of weeks,
ellensworth 10
laph qc
hp 18

Big ups to baconlover.

Because you are my idol.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon
Warning: I'm not a fan of Glenlivet

I've attended a Glenlivet sponsored tasting where they walk you through the 12yr, 15yr, Nadurra, 18yr, and 21yr. I find most of their expressions to be rather one-dimensional... the Nadurra and 21yr were definitely the most interesting of the lot. That said, I'd rather have the HP18 than the Glenlivet 21yr (even though the latter is $30+ more).

I'm also not a big fan. The Nadurra is by far my favorite of the line, but I don't stock any of them regularly.

Its high $80s here. Cheaper online though, I buy it online.

Originally Posted by jet
why you followin me around b?

My shopping list for the next couple of weeks,
ellensworth 10
laph qc
hp 18

Big ups to baconlover.

Ellenstown 10 is a great deal. You'd be hard pressed to find a good CS Ardbeg for less.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dang I paid $85ish after tax for my 18.

what do you guys think about Bunnahabhain 18?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
My local spot has been out of cs froyg for awhile now getting impatient.

Just going to pickup the qc for ridiculously cheap and the ellenstown this week.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
dang I paid $85ish after tax for my 18.

what do you guys think about Bunnahabhain 18?

I don't love it. I think Bunnies need a lot more time in the barrel, like 25 years or so, to really shine.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really scotch but yamazaki 12 is fantastic. Stuff at work has made me go through almost half a bottle in 2 days
eb5a9272.jpg

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My man b with the ER 17. so gooood

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not really scotch but yamazaki 12 is fantastic. Stuff at work has made me go through almost half a bottle in 2 days

Some of my recent whisky pickups are also looking the same way.
redface.gif
I'd get worried but I think I am gonna be living in Japan soon, and I can re-up on rakuten for beans and get it delivered the next day. No tax on liquor in Japan = win for my wallet, loss for my brain cells. Bowmore 12 is like 2700Y
ffffuuuu.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
can someone tell me about the differences (taste, price, preference) between Laphroaig QC and 10yr?

Also, I'm just starting to get into single malts... so far I've got some red label for mixing and to supply plebian friends/family, a HP12 for personal everyday drinking, and then I'm thinking of adding 1-2 single malts with unique profiles... I was thinking the Ardbeg 10, maybe the laphroaig? Talisker? other suggestions? Ideally under $100, and somewhat unique.
I'm just looking for a nice round-table of unique profiled single malts...

also, is the price difference worth is for Beam black over the regular white label?

Thanks!

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, no love for the Glenlivet 21. I took possession of it today and I'll see if it was worth paying the small premium over the HP18 it replaced.

Got to say, from a packaging perspective it's already a winner. Now if only it tastes good.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
also, is the price difference worth is for Beam black over the regular white label?
Personally, I much prefer black to white... And its only like two or three bucks more than white.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads