• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
you're blind du

Who else copped multiple RO leathers recently, or even int he past month? "Multiple" is the key word bruh.

If that is in regards to Julius, it's not as easy as finding RO and that is for certain.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
This thread was made in 2010. We're seeing the influx of a wealthier demographic here at sf. You speak as if fashion is a static industry and spending habits are the same every year. Honestly, why do you care if people buy Rick? It's nowhere close to being as much of a fad as GATs

Where did I say I care if people buy Rick? I just agreed with BB1 that it seems like RO leathers have seen a big surge in popularity around here over the last month or two.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Where did I say I care if people buy Rick? I just agreed with BB1 that it seems like RO leathers have seen a big surge in popularity around here over the last month or two.

Can't argue in the spike of popularity for the brand but to call it a fad is a bit of a reach. Once spring and summer comes around, the interest in RO will dwindle down since the current interest seems to be focused on the leather jackets.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
am i the only one who really doesnt give a **** whether people on the internet buy things before me/after me/the same things as me/whether im ahead of the curve or behind it? i mean i just buy clothes that i see that i like

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
^^
I don't give a ****. when am I ever going to be in the same place as any of you? even still, my wardrobe is big enough that the odds of us even wearing the same thing are so low.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Who else copped multiple RO leathers recently, or even int he past month? "Multiple" is the key word bruh.

If that is in regards to Julius, it's not as easy as finding RO and that is for certain.

It is a question of the explosion in the popularity brosef.

/discussion

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
am i the only one who really doesnt give a **** whether people on the internet buy things before me/after me/the same things as me/whether im ahead of the curve or behind it? i mean i just buy clothes that i see that i like
+1.

RFX, why are you getting all worked up, bro? Don't let anyone phase you. You have around $50,000 in wrist watches, and probably another $50,000 in your wardrobe. Life is good, man.

If you like it, and have the means to buy it...do so and enjoy.

Who cares what some jealous dudes are saying?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
It is a question of the explosion in the popularity brosef. /discussion
That wasn't what I was replying from BB1's post though, I admitted it's current rise popularity but that wasn't what my respond was about.
Originally Posted by wj4
+1. RFX, why are you getting all worked up, bro? Don't let anyone phase you. You have around $50,000 in wrist watches, and probably another $50,000 in your wardrobe. Life is good, man. If you like it, and have the means to buy it...do so and enjoy. Who cares what some jealous dudes are saying?
lol8[1].gif
I am far from worked up, I was just responding to how people says RO leathers became a "fad" all of a sudden because less than a handful of people bought multiple RO leathers? Even comparing it to the GAT hype, just laughable really. And to be honest, it's not even about running into someone who may have the exact same piece as you, it just seems like a race for the first person to say "______ is a fad" to get a bunch of "+1" and e-props. Be credited as the first to say it.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought my rick leathers two years ago
want attachment leather now
REGRET

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Ummm... I've only seen 2-3 people including myself (and that is getting more than 1). That is everyone? I see a lot of discussion and interest about it in the leather jacket thread but not much else outside of that.

Originally Posted by nahneun
It's nowhere close to being as much of a fad as GATs

The recent influx of Rick leather purchases is actually far more significant than it appears. Items like GATs and Japanese selvedge denim are relatively inexpensive compared to a Rick leather, so when they became popular they were readily accessible to many. But Rick leathers are not priced in a range that's affordable to most members here. If they were priced cheaper we would likely be seeing an explosion of them here about now.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
I am of the same mindset as you, but since I've apparently been slightly ahead of the curve on a few things lately, I have a ton of guys asking me about sizing on stuff I own. I can half recognize myself about a year ago, worrying about every quarter inch in a measurement.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
In other news, since I'm happy with my wardrobe and have everything I want I have been spending obscene amounts of money on cigars, drinks and food. I will tour all of LA's fine eateries repetitively worth a damn.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
i bought my rick leathers two years ago
want attachment leather now
REGRET

Ok, you get credit for not being a fad follower. Although I do recall you talking about getting some GATs a while back.
devil.gif

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
In other news, since I'm happy with my wardrobe and have everything I want I have been spending obscene amounts of money on cigars, drinks and food. I will tour all of LA's fine eateries repetitively worth a damn.

But will you still be able to fit into your clothes after all that food and drink?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I go to the gym more now, plus I'm not a big eater and the places I go to don't cater to typical americans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics