• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am getting a couple Sunspel polos soon. I will update you.

juliank

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies but I am specifically looking for polos that have that line on the collar.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

juliank

Reaction score
Ok, so I just browsed the RLPL ones and I am in love. Damn, why does my taste always have to veer towards the expensive ? The penguin ones are quite nice and they do have the lines on the collar but I cannot hang with logos on my clothing.

dub_c

Reaction score
Gap actually has some very nice slim fit polo shirts:
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...r&kwid=1&ap=14

I usually wear a size 38 jacket. I often have to wear shirts in size small for it not to look like I'm wearing a parachute, but for this one, the medium actually looks really good.

They were selling them in the store for $13 each, so I picked up a bunch. I think they were clearing them out for some reason.

doctorbob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliank
Thanks for the replies but I am specifically looking for polos that have that line on the collar.

Fred Perry

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely Sunspel for slim fit, superior cotton, & shell buttons.
2008_quantum_of_solace_002.jpg
Although their current collection doesn't appear to have any of those with a 'sports stripe' on the collar. Alfred Dunhill are also very nice, although they're often logo'ed, & very expensive.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I personally wear RL Custom-Fit Polo's. They are slimmer than the RLPL Custom-Fit Polo's and cost A LOT less.

Jon.

Agreed. But the Blue Label mesh cotton polo feels much coarser against the skin than either the Black Label or Purple Label polos. I agree with you though - I like the Blue Label's cut better - but damn, the Black and Purple Label polos feel much nicer against the skin.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brand is mostly a no-no on this site, but I've found the Banana Republic pima polos to have a nice fit on me. I'm 155lbs and lanky and they still hug my guns.

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score
Not to argue, but I have found the Polo Custom Fit to be kind of weird. The shoulders and chest are fairly fitted, but they seem very wide at the base. They do not taper at all.

I MUCH prefer the fit of the RLPL, but obviously the price is not as nice.

J. Cogburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoNothingGuy
Not to argue, but I have found the Polo Custom Fit to be kind of weird. The shoulders and chest are fairly fitted, but they seem very wide at the base. They do not taper at all.

Haven't noticed that. Just tried one on (I'm working from home today) and don't see it. It's tight at the abs and I tuck mine in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads