• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
what's the weight like on the socks? Also, how's the sizing? If I'm a 9 should I go with the ones that are 7-9 or 8-10? They look awesome.
puzzled.gif

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
no I just liked them a lot and I'm in the process of replacing all my busted up uniqlo socks

alright cool. I'll let you know what I think of them once they show up. I have a nice wool sock collection, but it is starting to get too warm for those.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
yeah dude bitches love bluegrass

Man they kind of do. Live music + general communal feeling + dancing is a pretty potent combination. You have to steer clear of a lot of the girls of course, but that's true of anywhere.

Originally Posted by BB1
Why is everyone suddenly buying multiple Rick leathers? Since there were only a few posters here a year ago doing this I'd have to say it's become a fad, similar to the MMM GATs.

I think jet called this in the leather jacket thread a while ago.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Ummm... I've only seen 2-3 people including myself (and that is getting more than 1). That is everyone? I see a lot of discussion and interest about it in the leather jacket thread but not much else outside of that.

I won't take "everyone" so literally, but the influx of people here buying or contemplating purchasing Dick leathers was noticeable enough that I was tempted to ask if I missed the memo where we were all supposed to be buying them now.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I won't take "everyone" so literally, but the influx of people here buying or contemplating purchasing Dick leathers was noticeable enough that I was tempted to ask if I missed the memo where we were all supposed to be buying them now.

Spring's a great time to pull out those leathers, broski.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you can all keep trying to jack my swagger but you will all fail. lolololollololololololololololololololololo
Originally Posted by BB1
Why is everyone suddenly buying multiple Rick leathers? Since there were only a few posters here a year ago doing this I'd have to say it's become a fad, similar to the MMM GATs.

Interestingly shortly before the fad became visible on this forum, more plebeian stores like Tobi.com started occasionally writing "RICK OWENS" in huge letters on their front page, making Rick the featured brand for the first time ever at a mainstream on-line fashion store. Note that I am not claiming that Tobi influenced these people, rather I am saying it is a symptom of the overall hype/fad.

No hate for the jackets-- I think they look nice.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
Spring's a great time to pull out those leathers, broski.

It wasn't like this here last spring. Or the spring before that...broski.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1

Interestingly shortly before the fad became visible on this forum, more plebeian stores like Tobi.com started occasionally writing "RICK OWENS" in huge letters on their front page, making Rick the featured brand for the first time ever at a mainstream on-line fashion store. Note that I am not claiming that Tobi influenced these people, rather I am saying it is a symptom of the overall hype/fad.

No hate for the jackets-- I think they look nice.

What were you doing on a plebian website?
devil.gif
devil.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

I'm not taking "everyone" literally but he was talking about "all" these people copping multiple Rick Owens leathers but I don't see it. I'm not trying to defend my purchases but these things tends to get blown out of proportion just because it's talked about and a handful of people buy them. Contemplating or discussing it completely different, to be honest just from the discussion alone it seems like the hate and love for RO are split in the middle. RO is just discussed more because Julius is so damn hard to find, not that RO is easy to find but it is more readily available.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
It wasn't like this here last spring. Or the spring before that...broski.
This thread was made in 2010. We're seeing the influx of a wealthier demographic here at sf. You speak as if fashion is a static industry and spending habits are the same every year. Honestly, why do you care if people buy Rick? It's nowhere close to being as much of a fad as GATs

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
everyone's laughing and cornholing and buying rick but synthese
frown.gif

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
styleforum curse. Every four months some brands piece explodes.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and usually 12 months after other forums

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I'm not taking "everyone" literally but he was talking about "all" these people copping multiple Rick Owens leathers but I don't see it. I'm not trying to defend my purchases but these things tends to get blown out of proportion just because it's talked about and a handful of people buy them. Contemplating or discussing it completely different, to be honest just from the discussion alone it seems like the hate and love for RO are split in the middle. RO is just discussed more because Julius is so damn hard to find, not that RO is easy to find but it is more readily available.

you're blind du

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads