• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what are some boutiques in NYC that sell not-****** graphic tees?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Nazi uniforms are huge in Japan. Gackt has worn them for two tours.
25612_1.jpg
001hhdkx
And lolita brand Metamorphose released a bunch of nazi-themed stuff:
metamilitary.jpg

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
what kind of pants do you guys wear that are light enough my summer? My 511 khakis I feel would be way too heavy for >70º.

Cheap prewashed jeans that are wide enough to roll up over the calf, for like a go-to thing. Shorts are the worst.

gats

Reaction score
Is that NAZI stuff like counter culture/underground or is it just normal costumey in japan?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Nazi uniforms are huge in Japan. Gackt has worn them for two tours.

25612_1.jpg
001hhdkx

And lolita brand Metamorphose released a bunch of nazi-themed stuff:

metamilitary.jpg

They also have a Hitler themed bar

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Soviets massacred millions of their own people and it's just a generally kitsch-y style to america, i don't find this surprising at all. Poor taste, yeah, but like, how many people are gonna get offended in Japan?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I'm working on my summer uniform, which basically has to be put together with no budget whatsoever. Right now I'm thinking black tank, grey cropped trousers and some really cheap-y low-sole (p)leather oxfords from Zara or the like worn without socks.

Throw in my s2a necklace and freshly minted biceps and I'm ready to **** my way through summer hipster concerts.

yeah this is good, will be doing pretty much the same + various shorts and button-ups.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna be dirty ass vans, short haircuts, supreme hats, shortsleeve button ups and summer wool cuffed trousers.
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
what are some boutiques in NYC that sell not-****** graphic tees?
OC and Aloha Rag, maybe Odin.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
all my buttons are popping off everything! lost three this week, luckily none got away, but damnnn
Seems to happen to everything nowadays, even high end stuff. A button popped off (actually unraveled is the correct term) the suit pants off my corneliani mtm suit last week. What a joke.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
The Soviets massacred millions of their own people and it's just a generally kitsch-y style to america, i don't find this surprising at all. Poor taste, yeah, but like, how many people are gonna get offended in Japan?

The Japanese were some sick bastards back in the 30-40's as well. Look up the **** of nanking and unit 731

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you choose your nickname because of gackt's song "uncontrol" ?
i think eh his a pretty cool guy, and doesn't afraid of anything.
I loved Malice Mizer and his first single "mizerable" is one of the best songs of all time in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlpM1...eature=related

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
The Japanese were some sick bastards back in the 30-40's as well. Look up the **** of nanking and unit 731

....the people on this forum aren't this uninformed. thank you captain obvious. and to be honest, many things that come out of japan deviate from social norms, to put it nicely

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
....the people on this forum aren't this uninformed. thank you captain obvious. and to be honest, many things that come out of japan deviate from social norms, to put it nicely

Meh, you'd be surprised. I bet half the people here don't know what unit 731 is so I don't get the captain obvious thing..but thanks for the input!..

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Im gonna sound like a broken record but the only good graphic tees tend to come from the goth ninja brands. If I had a bigger budget I'd wear a lot of Ann D graphic tees and tanks this summer.

A less ethical man then I may be looking for knockoffs on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads