• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shamrock Shake season

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never heard of a Shamrock Shake. Is it green, and what's the flavor?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
best news all day. Im rigid!!!

FunLovinStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I've never heard of a Shamrock Shake. Is it green, and what's the flavor?

The Shamrock Shake, a green, mint-flavored milkshake, is a seasonal dessert sold at McDonald's during March to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The Shamrock Shake was first introduced in 1970, and is credited with helping pave the way for other seasonal drinks, including Starbucks Coffee's pumpkin spice and eggnog lattes. The ingredient list for the shamrock shake syrup includes high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, sugar, natural flavor (plant source), xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), yellow 5, blue 1. These are not the same ingredients included in the vanilla shake syrup.

-wikipedia

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FunLovinStyle
The ingredient list for the shamrock shake syrup includes high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, sugar, natural flavor (plant source), xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), yellow 5, blue 1.

drool.gif

Sounds delicious.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW: on my way home from class last night, I stopped at Chick-fil-a and got a banana pudding shake. Holy hell that is good stuff. They even have the crunchy wafer bits in there.

bryce330

Reaction score
Unfortunately McD's made some major changes to the Shamrock Shake this year and really fucked it up.

It used to be a pretty thick shake, but now it's a lot more watery and runny. They also added whipped cream and a cherry on top for some reason, and they're serving it in the "McCafe" cups instead of the standard soda cups, so a "large" is actually even smaller than a "medium" used to be.

FunLovinStyle

Reaction score
you mean the cup didn't have a vaguely offensive Irish Grimace on it?
381px-O%27Grimacey_Cup.JPG

Aliquot

Reaction score
This is the worst time of the year.

Whenever it's Shamrock Shake season, every McDonald's shake machine in a 20 mile radius from where I live magically breaks.

Such a tease.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryce330
Unfortunately McD's made some major changes to the Shamrock Shake this year and really fucked it up.

It used to be a pretty thick shake, but now it's a lot more watery and runny. They also added whipped cream and a cherry on top for some reason, and they're serving it in the "McCafe" cups instead of the standard soda cups, so a "large" is actually even smaller than a "medium" used to be.

Why must every company ruin every thing I hold dear?

Vistro

Reaction score
I had never heard of the Shamrock Shake. I will now seek one out.

How minty is this motherfucker? I have an version to foods that are overwhelming, particularly when peppermint oil is involved.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must find me a Shamrock Shake. It sounds good.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
The only time to go McDonald's all year is here - Shamrock Shake season! Here's a helpful Shamrock Shake locator - http://www.shamrockshake.com/shamrock.shake
This is incorrect. It is always a good time to go to McDonald's, however, some times of the year are better than others. The Shamrock Shake is one of those times. The McRib is another.
Originally Posted by FunLovinStyle
you mean the cup didn't have a vaguely offensive Irish Grimace on it?
381px-O%27Grimacey_Cup.JPG

This is awesome!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads