• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunks206

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChrisGold
Ian,

Nicely done... there may not be anyone left on this board without the cigar lwb.

This Ian doesnt have a pair....
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
Noooo why does #12 have a commando sole? Would kop if it were double leather soul or oiled leather soul... oh well.

Yeah...I robocopped the NST blucher and boot and the captoe boot... there goes the bank account

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sinnedk
should i assume reg Alden pricing 475 calf, 625 shell (estimate)

shell is closer to 700 from when i emailed them a while back.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sf_esq
J. Gilbert appears to be enamored with the Plaza last and commando soles. I'd like to see them make some boots on the aberdeen last and with a double leather sole.

+1,000

Aberdeen is such an attractive last. I think there are a lot of people who can't wear it though because the toebox is too tight. From a retailer's perspective, I can see how the Plaza would be ideal -- sleek, but enough room around the foot to have it work for more people.

Kenal0

Reaction score
Sorry, I did not mean between your two shoes, I meant between your pair and mine.
I should have figured that out. I guess I was a little slow last night when I read the post.

Kenal0

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody have pictures of Whiskey or Ravello shell being worn w/ khakis? are these colors too light to work with lighter pants, or do you want more contrast?

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
anybody have pictures of Whiskey or Ravello shell being worn w/ khakis? are these colors too light to work with lighter pants, or do you want more contrast?

This is whiskey with very light BB khakis. Ravello is definitely no problem, lots of contrast.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
maiden voyage of smooths in Cigar, recent price hike on Alden made me get these sooner than later, being the last pair of Aldens I am interested in
cigarsmooth.jpg
have since redone the lacing so it is straightlaced but you dont see the cross lacing underneath.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enigma77
+1,000

Aberdeen is such an attractive last. I think there are a lot of people who can't wear it though because the toebox is too tight. From a retailer's perspective, I can see how the Plaza would be ideal -- sleek, but enough room around the foot to have it work for more people.

I agree. The Aberdeen is by far the best looking Alden last, IMO. A fair point regarding the toe box. Would be nice to see the occasional Aberdeen lasted boot, but if the demand is not there...

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sf_esq
I agree. The Aberdeen is by far the best looking Alden last, IMO. A fair point regarding the toe box. Would be nice to see the occasional Aberdeen lasted boot, but if the demand is not there...
The Shoemart has the NST boot on the Aberdeen last in Ravello or #8.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Alden Online store, I would also try calling the Alden DC store.

damn, they did *not* have all those sizes in the whiskey chukka, ravello LW and ravello PTB 2 weeks ago. might have gotten a whiskey chukka instead of ravello if I knew they'd have them in stock

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTYGGG
The Shoemart has the NST boot on the Aberdeen last in Ravello or #8.

Thanks, yes. It's the only place I had seen them, but they don't have my size in #8. Looking for black or #8. Appreciate it though. They will get more in due time, from what they told me.

Jorge

Reaction score
First, understand that the two shoes are perfectly matched, but if you flex one more than the other, the color will move around and the two can look different for a short period. The up-close look, which I will try to capture with a better camera tomorrow, is not unlike a piece of wood that has been stained. There are darker and lighter areas, but with leather, those areas actually move. This clearly makes for a very casual shoe, and is often used to produce distressed briefcases, duffels, etc... (Snip)

Chris, thanks for looking that up, wear them in good health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads