• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I haven't gotten a tracking number, will I be notified if the carrier has been trying to make deliveries to me? I was told in an email that my jacket should have gone out last week, but I work during the day most days so I might not have been there if they've been trying to give it to me.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd I/O
How does goat compare to lamb/calf? I've read plenty of discussion about lamb vs calf bot not much about goat. What properties does goat possess to lead one to choose it over the other leathers?
in comparison to calf, goat is more lightweight and has about the same abrasion resistance as calf. you see this kind of leather more on custom motorcycle jackets. stylistically, goat leather has a more pronounced texture, requiring less of a "break in" period that some people dread. personally though, I think it looks like toad skin. this is the observation that i got anyway, from comparing the sample swatches i got from langlitz. but because we don't care about abrasion resistance, it makes sense to just offer calf (durable), lamb (soft) and horse (indestructible) , since that covers the gamut of what most people want anyway.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emilo
So I've just ordered a dark grey lamb moto
drool.gif
and so I'm about to enter the exclusive club... Charly is really rather patient, thanks to you man.

Can any of you tell me if I can expect any more communication from TOJ after I've send my payment? Like a confirmation on the size from Drew or a shipping notice, or will I just have to eat the waiting time until the postman comes knocking on my door?

Best bet is try to forget that you put the order in, man. It'll make the time go by a lot faster and you'll get it when you'll get it.

If you start counting days, you'll feel like an inmate waiting for the day of his release.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Been thinking alot about ****, making new clothing ideas that we've been developing, etc, and as I've mentioned, TOJ will morph a bit into something different as a project of mine later on; but in the near future I've decided to do an 'Eat, Swag, Love' tour that will bring more swag juice to my projects to come. More details on that later, but the production/workings will stay as they are and keep churning out what they do.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
by more swag juice I mean so ******* swaggy and straight from the centre and yeah I just put that r before the e swag juice central; TOJ is putting the stethoscope to the ground in Tokyo.

Funksy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
by more swag juice I mean so ******* swaggy and straight from the centre and yeah I just put that r before the e swag juice central; TOJ is putting the stethoscope to the ground in Tokyo.

I'm moving to an area outside of Tokyo in a month... Destiny?

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
You been hitting the scotch, there, just a little?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
what ever gives you that idea james timothy?
redface.gif

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopped onto the swag wagon. Wondering what kind of shirt I can wear under the DR. Vnecks are shoo-ins but what about buttondowns?

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The good stuff, I trust
fistbump.gif
So, what is the Eat, Swag, Love tour?

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nereis
Hopped onto the swag wagon. Wondering what kind of shirt I can wear under the DR. Vnecks are shoo-ins but what about buttondowns?

drew has stated that white button down + black pants are a winning formula as well. really anything will look good as long as you have the body for it, it fits, and doesn't break any stylistic rules

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
The good stuff, I trust
fistbump.gif

So, what is the Eat, Swag, Love tour?

had about 8 fingers high on that Bowmore from the Chateau d'Yquem casks by the time I went off to my corner, and a six pack before that; my flawless typing alone is swag juice. A technological Arnold.

Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
drew has stated that white button down + black pants are a winning formula as well. really anything will look good as long as you have the body for it, it fits, and doesn't break any stylistic rules

correction to that, only a TOJ white buttondown oxford shirt
redface.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
real talk though, my OCBD pattern is not ******* around, it's the best slim (but not Stanley Van Buren femme torso/hip problem slim) around. It's an in-house pattern from scratch that skips the plague of being copied stitch for stitch from BoO, and therefore fits the male sex properly. I haven't seen it fail anyone, check the gallery.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads