• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Boot

mockingboy

Reaction score
Laces are?

Originally Posted by bulkeater11211
I just got my Addison's yesterday from Leffot. Here are a few pics of them. I really like the color they need a couple more miles to break in.

phailing101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by H2O
The interweb gods are exercising divine retribution?

Yeah, I know it may be some sort of fashion faux paux, but I live between two of the harshest climates in North America; Vancouver (Not really harsh, but definitely one of the rainiest cities in the world) and Edmonton (with its 7 month winters. You know that crazy snow storm NYC had a few weeks back? That's nothing unusual here. We had the same blizzard conditions for 2 weeks straight, only the temperatures hovered at a consistent -25°C/-13°F the entire time.) My point is: leather sole shoes would not last long; I know, I own a few pairs.

I would suggest having Dainite soles put on.

I'm in Regina (-40 today) and just walked to/from the gym with my Tricker's with Dainite soles. Perfect grip and lasts forever.

H2O

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedo
I really wan tot use them when there's rain and wanted to make sure they won't go to hell when I do.

Dude, I definitely recommend the Red Wing All Natural Leather Dressing

http://www.theWorkShoe.com/red-wing/...-4-oz.-tin.asp

It'll darken the color of the leather slightly, but believe me, the boot will look much better and it'll be waterproof! Mine have been taking a beating the last couple of days with all of the snow/slush and are holding up just fine.

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
Just got my tan Addy's from Crane's. Haven't had the chance to wear them yet, but snapped some pics. Wanted to make sure I caught the embossed sole before it gets torn the eff back. Looking forward to breaking these in and beating them up. I sized down a half size in these and am glad I did.

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
Please post more wear photos. I'd like to compare how the Addison looks worn with the regular boots. Sometimes they look sharp to me. Sometimes not. The toe and stitching are definitely "bold moves" as those old, dumb Ford commercials used to say.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw a dude wearing a pair of the plaintoe ones with a suit. I was surprised how ok it looked. Kind of like Aldens.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK I don't have a pic of the Addisons broken in. There's been some talk on this thread about having Dainite soles installed on them. Well, here's my year and half old original 1Ks resoled commando style. Leather sole, stacked leather heel, vibram lugged heel plate and a vibram Raptor half sole. Snow and ice are no longer a problem. Original 1000 Mile Boot Commando Resole 1 by DYSong Photography, on Flickr

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
What do these boots look like when they haven't been given the Crane treatment and taken to hell and back?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DC Office Hack
What do these boots look like when they haven't been given the Crane treatment and taken to hell and back?
Like this.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Franky12
Oh great to know. A quick question please, do you ship internationally?
Of course.

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's

Like this.

Ah, but six months in? More to the point, what do the tan addisons look like?

One reason why I'm asking is that I'd like to figure out which of the 1000 Mile variants works best with chinos. This is part of my effort to talk myself into buying a pair, you see...

I have a hunch that the Addison is more readily dressed up than the plain model.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DC Office Hack
Ah, but six months in? More to the point, what do the tan addisons look like? One reason why I'm asking is that I'd like to figure out which of the 1000 Mile variants works best with chinos. This is part of my effort to talk myself into buying a pair, you see... I have a hunch that the Addison is more readily dressed up than the plain model.
Well so far I haven't seen any pics of the tan Addisons with some wear on them. We've sold enough of them over the last 6 months so someone should be able to come up with a few pics. The thread over on Streetwear is where you'll most likely get someone to post pics of some beat on Addisons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads