• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF groupthink requested on sports coat.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I just successfully finished the Jan-Feb no purchase club, and will need to sign onto the March club. But first, I am considering this jacket, but as many here may know, my tastes could probably benefit from incorporating some SF groupthink. This used Hermes jacket woud probably cost me $500 plus. I already have a cap that might work well with it, and I am shallow enough to to be swayed by the brand. Your thoughts much appreciated.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I approve of the sportcoat, but would not wear that cap with it. Too matchy-matchy.

EDIT - Also, looking at the pic I would wager a dollar ninety-five it's a 3 roll 2, not a true 3 button. Be guided accordingly.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also approve of the sportcoat, but would not wear that cap with it. WAAAAAYYYYY Too matchy-matchy.

ykurtz

Reaction score
If you like that style of cap, I'd go with a glenplaid version for the sportcoat. Or even a solid. Having too many patterns, especially noticeable one's, tends to cause visual chaos.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that pattern would work much better on a shirt or a waistcoat than on a sports coat...

CaymanS

Reaction score
Every PTWilliams thread is WINNING (c) Charlie Sheen

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
I will agree with the general consensus here. I think the sport coat is great and would add it to my rotation in a second. I would not, however, wear the hat with it .

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't like the sports coat, but it goes against what I think looks good on me (bold pattern, light base color) so what the hell do I know!
ffffuuuu.gif

But I agree with the others that i wouldn't wear it with the hat, they look way too similar.

AE7

Reaction score
why not stick to the lovely leather jacket with Berlin logo on it? it will look cool with this cap.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anuar
why not stick to the lovely leather jacket with Berlin logo on it? it will look cool with this cap.

I wore the Berlin jacket (without the hat) to dinner and a talk on the herpetofauna of New Guinea. Received several complements.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
I wore the Berlin jacket (without the hat) to dinner and a talk on the herpetofauna of New Guinea. Received several complements.

Hereptology creeps me out.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
I don't care for the SC either.

I am guessing that's a hacking jacket? Bookster has a similar looking jacket that's cut better (IMO).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is going on with the bondage lining thingy?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads