• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dressing room steez!

Few caveats: I know the shoes don't go with most of what I'm wearing in these -- they're just what I had on at the time when I went into the store. Also, I can see possible improvements and flaws in all of these fits; just trying **** on at the store, not finished products. Also apologies for iphone camera crappiness.

Anyway, would appreciate constructive feedback on outfits and individual pieces -- might consider going back and purchasing some of these. Thanks!

Spoilered for lots of images/big
IMG_0407-1.jpg
IMG_0463-1.jpg
IMG_0456-1-1.jpg
IMG_0461-1.jpg
IMG_0443-1.jpg
IMG_0437-1-1.jpg
IMG_0441-1.jpg
IMG_0431-1.jpg
IMG_0415-1.jpg
IMG_0468-1-1.jpg

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NameBack
Dressing room steez!

Few caveats: I know the shoes don't go with most of what I'm wearing in these -- they're just what I had on at the time when I went into the store. Also, I can see possible improvements and flaws in all of these fits; just trying **** on at the store, not finished products. Also apologies for iphone camera crappiness.

Anyway, would appreciate constructive feedback on outfits and individual pieces -- might consider going back and purchasing some of these. Thanks!

Spoilered for lots of images/big
IMG_0407-1.jpg
IMG_0463-1.jpg
IMG_0456-1-1.jpg
IMG_0461-1.jpg
IMG_0443-1.jpg
IMG_0437-1-1.jpg
IMG_0441-1.jpg
IMG_0431-1.jpg
IMG_0415-1.jpg
IMG_0468-1-1.jpg

it's like you went straight to the list of mens trends and tried to hit everything all at once.

flower print - check
rolled up chinos - check
small stripes - check

why post things like this in WAWYT? Isn't there an appropriate thread for stuff like this?

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
flower print - check rolled up chinos - check small stripes - check why post things like this in WAWYT? Isn't there an appropriate thread for stuff like this?
Well, I was in a store selling current-season menswear, so yeah, probably some of it was hitting recent trends. Is that a bad thing? I mean do you have anything specific to say or just some vague lambasting of "trends?" I went in and picked out some stuff I thought had potential and tried it on. (Edit: And was in my size. The vast majority of stuff wasn't in my size, because I'm tiny and stuff rarely is) And I picked WAYWT because this is where 99% of fit critique happens edit 2: I mean if you want to critique on the basis of trendiness that's fine but in absence of any kind of specificity I'm sort of lost for what you're trying to say.

xM.

Reaction score
the first patterned shirt is awful, but i dont mind the second one.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
nah, just saying you would probably get more feedback about whether you should purchase them or not in the actual questions thread. Pretty sure Waywt should be for things you are actually wearing...
Oh, sorry, that's not what I meant. I'm more interested in feedback on outfits. Individual piece feedback is nice but secondary. I.e. I'd be interested in learning what people think of the outfits, what the flaws are, how they could be improved. What pieces could be substituted for something that would work better, etc. I think a couple of these are pretty flawed but have the skeleton of a solid fit in there.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
This is the dumbest/weirdest thing I've read this year.

The year is still young. I would say it's the dumbest thing I'll read all year.

Next he's gonna insult me for having one BoO shirt and Rick in the same wardrobe. COME AT ME BRO

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
The year is still young. I would say it's the dumbest thing I'll read all year. Next he's gonna insult me for having one BoO shirt and Rick in the same wardrobe.
comeatmebro.jpg

there we go

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By time I went through the two pages between Lane's butt-hurt comment and the end of this thread, I had already forgotten what Uncontrol said to prompt such a bizarre, hateful comment. Of all the things Uncontrol has said in that past, THAT's what gets you frothing at the mouth with anger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics