• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

washington D.C. - best places/stores to shop?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read yesterday that Rag & Bone will be opening a store in Georgetown.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I read yesterday that Rag & Bone will be opening a store in Georgetown.

really? where did you read that and when was eta? probably will be mostly girls stuff
frown.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Georgetown is probably my favourite place whenever I visit DC although their H&M sucks ass. What's up with their cupcakes? I always see the line across the street and it usually stretches over the corner..

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Georgetown is probably my favourite place whenever I visit DC although their H&M sucks ass. What's up with their cupcakes? I always see the line across the street and it usually stretches over the corner..
dude its not the favorite place is the ONLY place in DC sadly. that H&M sucks cuz they have their "flagship" main store downtown at like F & 11th. georgetown & DC in general blows for mens clothing. only place is barneys & lost boys in gtown (sometimes RL because they get limited RRL pieces) and redeem but its not in gtown theres that TLC show called DC cupcakes in like 2nd or 3rd season and it got DC on the map for cupcakes. theres like 50 different shops across dc that makes cupcakes now. kind of annoying actually haha. but georgetown cupcake ALWAYS has a line going down the street. its definitely the most famous in georgetown, and arguably, DC

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
dude its not the favorite place is the ONLY place in DC sadly. that H&M sucks cuz they have their "flagship" main store downtown at like F & 11th. georgetown & DC in general blows for mens clothing. only place is barneys & lost boys in gtown (sometimes RL because they get limited RRL pieces) and redeem but its not in gtown

theres that TLC show called DC cupcakes in like 2nd or 3rd season and it got DC on the map for cupcakes. theres like 50 different shops across dc that makes cupcakes now. kind of annoying actually haha. but georgetown cupcake ALWAYS has a line going down the street. its definitely the most famous in georgetown, and arguably, DC

thing is, their cupcakes suck ass.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at the Barney's co-op in friendship heights this past weekend. That particular one is more geared towards women in my opinion..

Went upstairs... and they are between seasons, stock-wise. The men's section was 75% Rag & Bone and Theory. A little LVC, Thom Browne, APC. The back wall was stocked with nearly every Gant Rugger button down I've seen on the web for SS'11. Nothing interesting in the shoe department.

Skipped over Bloomingdales, Neimans, etc...got outta dodge.

headed to u-street corridor to attempt some thrift finds. Managed a pair of deadstock olive drab army issues that looked good cuffed up high with sneakers - twenty bucks. Got interviewed on the street by some local DC cable access show, topic: infidelity in relationships. People watched on U-street. Got bombed at Cafe Saint Ex over lunch and bloody marys.

Tried to get into G-town to go to that Barneys but couldn't even approach M street due to traffic. Got close enough but the meter I found's CC swipe was broken and I didn't have any change. Bailed on that and headed back into VA..

store shopping in DC/DMV right there...bout sums it up.

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Living in DC is really making me wish I had taken advantage of Los Angeles while I still lived there. But I had neither money nor interest in fashion at the time; so it goes.

I went to the Co-op in GTown last night for the first time -- there's some decent stuff there but it's definitely not a gigantic collection.

But, I mean, hey, what do you expect from a city of politicos and government workers. Not exactly a stylish bunch. The DC uniform is pretty much baggy khakis, an ill-fitting work shirt, a crappy tie, and square-toed loafers.

Plus unlike NYC or LA or other cities, we don't have very many young people with money. The rich folks in DC are all old men who make MC look radical and avant-garde. Young people in DC are all working **** jobs for **** pay to "pay their dues" and work their way up the government/policy/political ladder; hell, half of them are probably unpaid interns.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Georgetown is probably one of the worst places in DC. Also, H&M sucks ass.

Cupcakes - how the f*ck do they work?

FTFY.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
dude its not the favorite place is the ONLY place in DC sadly. that H&M sucks cuz they have their "flagship" main store downtown at like F & 11th. georgetown & DC in general blows for mens clothing. only place is barneys & lost boys in gtown (sometimes RL because they get limited RRL pieces) and redeem but its not in gtown theres that TLC show called DC cupcakes in like 2nd or 3rd season and it got DC on the map for cupcakes. theres like 50 different shops across dc that makes cupcakes now. kind of annoying actually haha. but georgetown cupcake ALWAYS has a line going down the street. its definitely the most famous in georgetown, and arguably, DC
I see. On my way to the Canadian embassy, my brother and I passed an H&M. Could that have been the flagship store? I also stopped by the Urban Outfitters in Georgetown. It was surprisingly better than the one here in Montreal.
Originally Posted by notwithit
FTFY.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My sister is crazy about Georgetown cupcakes. How the **** do they work?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see. On my way to the Canadian embassy, my brother and I passed an H&M. Could that have been the flagship store?

I also stopped by the Urban Outfitters in Georgetown. It was surprisingly better than the one here in Montreal.

yeah thats the H&M main store. its funny you mention UO in gtown. that UO is their main store and is bigger/better than the one in downtown dc in chinatown and the one in tysons corner, va. so opposite of H&M

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Yup. Really liked the basement vibe going on down there. Most stores that use basements as retail space usually suck because it's like, "..even if we're in a basement, we're going to pretend that we're not." Georetown UO embraces the drudgeries of the sublevel which makes it work.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
living here sucks balls if you want good clothes

just plebe **** here

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to proxy all my ****,
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads