• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Which of your boots you looking to have this done to?

Make sure your cobber uses Riri and not some cheap ass YKK ****.
laugh.gif

My bag has riri zippers and I don't find them that great. Sturdy feeling but not smooth, I prefer a lot of YKK.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like both...but prefer riri on boots. YKK on hoodys is great.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Fashion news of the day. John Galliano gets fired from Dior. He supposedly made anti-semetic remarks at a bar he hangs out at in Paris. It wouldn't surprise me if he was taken out of context or joking but apparently there is video of it.

Of course everyone jumps to conclusions regarding Natalie Portman wearing Rodarte at the Oscars instead of Dior who she recently signed a deal with for Miss Dior Cherie perfume.

Personally I think Galiano sucks but it's all pretty amusing. Dior has been kind of sucking for a while now. It doesn't help that it's only being sold in boutiques now either.

UserName84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
Fashion news of the day. John Galliano gets fired from Dior. He supposedly made anti-semetic remarks at a bar he hangs out at in Paris. It wouldn't surprise me if he was taken out of context or joking but apparently there is video of it.

IIRC this isnt the first time he has been accused of making anti Semitic remarks at the same bar.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Which of your boots you looking to have this done to?

Make sure your cobber uses Riri and not some cheap ass YKK ****.
laugh.gif

I was going to try it with my beater pair of 7 hole boots, similar to my DBSS boots. Not sure my cobbler would be willing to do it though.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Speaking of British designers who headed up French couture houses, there was a very good Alexander McQueen documentary on the other night.

I doubt you can watch it on demand in the States but it's bound to be available to download somewhere -

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/mcqueen-and-i/4od

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserName84
IIRC this isnt the first time he has been accused of making anti Semitic remarks at the same bar.
The irony of the situation is that Hitler would have killed him for being gay. Heil Hitler, indeed

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Hare
Without wanting to sound like one of those handcrafted, years of experience, bench made Jizfests that get posted on YouTube by everyone these days, everything Mr. Hare is sourced in the Tuscan hills by Italians. Not wishing to sound racist but Italians have a pride level which most other races lack. The things they make are an extension and 3D manifestation of that national pride. They don’t massage the cows or play classical music to them to make the leather better. No. What happens is that when the skins get to the tannery, the people who work there won’t let those skins out the door until they are better than skins from anywhere else in the world. It’s all about reputation. It costs more, but it is better. Our main tannery this season is called Conceria 800 who pride themselves on making the finest vegetable tanned skins available.
mr-hare-autumn-2011-01.jpg
mr-hare-autumn-2011-02.jpg
mr-hare-autumn-2011-06.JPG
gonna have to cop that last pair, at least pending seeing them at other angles edit: would have posted this is shoes/boots but thought that quote was pretty funny and decided to throw in the pics with it

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
My bag has riri zippers and I don't find them that great. Sturdy feeling but not smooth, I prefer a lot of YKK.

i noticed this on a pair of boots i have, feel nice and sturdy, but i was surprised how not smooth they are, given how everyone was talking about them in the old TOJ thread a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads