• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

ryan24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beetleything
Just picked my 'specs'......i really like them and for a very mild prescription they make a huge difference. Dita LEVER in grey swirl... they look dark but have a kind of blue grey colour....in the store they thought they went well with my blue eyes. The main thing is i like them and i am comfortable in them. 46 and my first pair.
They look great, Dita is by far one of the best Independent frame lines I've worked with. They can be a bit heavy but the quality is hands down amazing.... My everyday glasses are the Dita Statesman though I swapped the metal nose pads for silicon because of weight. I have them in both black and tort.
drx-2011b_statesman_mi.jpg
drx-2011a_statesman_mi.jpg
Originally Posted by irbe
Negative. My asian nose can't hack it. My size is 17 for the nose peice. Those are 20 which would not be sitting on my face correctly most likely. The OP are 17 which I think sit pretty good. No large gaps.
Dont be too sure about your bridge size, its not like a suit size. 17mm is the distance btwn the lenses not necessarily the width of your nose, depending on the chunkiness of the frame you could def do a 20mm but you most definitely will have to try them on first.
Originally Posted by brokeassp
searched multiple threads already but does anyone have fit pics of moscot hyman? based on the measurement eye length/nose ridge/temple length it should be a perfect fit but it doesnt say in their site about the width of the lenses vertically.
Fit pics are here http://www.irisoptical.co.uk/Moscot-...rame-8985.html Though I def dont think those are a proper fit on the model. This model has a terrible name lol IMO it looks identical to the OP Alber J http://www.decormyeyes.com/pd.asp?pr...d=118&cbocat=2 and I may be more inclined to steer you toward that
Originally Posted by webzeb
Hi, I'm looking for new eyeglasses. I'd like something that combines classicism with a touch of originality. Maybe a vintage shape ? For example, I was thinking about the Paul Smith Morse and Oliver Peoples O'Riley or Sheldrake. My - not so easy - face : Any advice is welcome!
00a9.png
00a9.png
PS : My prescription allows me any shape. However, I often have to look up and down in my job. Thus, I'd like to avoid "low" frames. Moreover, I have a pretty ******** that requires a pretty large bridge (generally between 18 and 21mm, depending on the shape). For example, I feel uncomfortable with Ray-Ban's New Wayfarer (18mm). PS2 : Don't attention to the shirt. (Usually, I don't wear shirt with differentiate collar color...)

If you can find pre luxottica OP I would go with one of those. I dont like the way Luxottica is tweaking with the OP designs.... Consider: Salt, very nice Independent out of Cali. I recommend the Nolan
picture-148-650x285.png
or the Adler
picture-145-650x268.png
Both come in a few different colors and sizes
Originally Posted by vilinx
Can anyone give me some feedback on frames? I have terrible status quo bias so if it's up to me, I'd never change anything... Compound that with the fact my current frames are probably too small for my head and the cognitive dissonance is too much for me.
head2.jpg
head3.jpg
head1.jpg
Frames are Mykita Leonard. I'd go with the darker version that's in pics 1 and 2 (a very dark turtleshell). I got a pretty short hair cut between the 1/2 and 3 which is throwing off my judgement yet more.

These look like a good fit. Mykita is great and their acetates are very high quality, couple that with a screwless hinge and you're in business for a long time. The only think I dont care much in this line is the color palate, the brown looks like chocolate pudding lol grey looks kind of dull, etc, its just too flat for my personal taste.

fartyg

Reaction score
Would like some feedback on these. They are my first pair of glasses ever (haven't had a need for it before). Feels very odd and unusual... What do you guys think?

_IMG_0296.jpg

They are actually brownish but the picture don't fully show

ryan24

Reaction score
They look fine for a traditional plastic pair, though i feel looking straight on they might be a bit large for you. I would need to see where you're eyes center in the lenses. I would have probably put you in something a bit more narrow but with the same vertical depth. like i said though i would have to see them straight on to really know, dont worry though you will get used to them.

fartyg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryan24
They look fine for a traditional plastic pair, though i feel looking straight on they might be a bit large for you. I would need to see where you're eyes center in the lenses. I would have probably put you in something a bit more narrow but with the same vertical depth. like i said though i would have to see them straight on to really know, dont worry though you will get used to them.
It's funny you should say that because it was more or less exacly what I had in mind prior to getting these. The ones like that I found had various different "faults" to them, though I didn't bother looking in other stores than the one where I got my sight checkup. They will only occasionaly see use, mostly when driving and watching TV, as my sight is weak long distance. They'll have to do
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beetleything
Just picked my 'specs'......i really like them and for a very mild prescription they make a huge difference.

Dita LEVER in grey swirl...

they look dark but have a kind of blue grey colour....in the store they thought they went well with my blue eyes.

The main thing is i like them and i am comfortable in them.
46 and my first pair.

Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Beetleything, you look shockingly similar to me. So of course I'll say that you look good. Those frames could stand to be 1 or 2 mm narrower, but with the trend towards larger glasses these days they look fine like that.

Originally Posted by xM.
They might be a bit big but they look fine. It's a bit hard to be sure because you're tilting your head in every shot.

the lever comes in a 47 or 49. im sure you he got the 49. but at 49 (21mm bridge) these run somewhat in the small range. i think it is because of beetle's relatively narrow face it makes the eyeglasses look large but i think it works.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...are these glasses too big for my face? These are Han Wolfgangs, which I just found out about recently thanks to the colab Blackbird did with them. I like the wayfarer style, played out or not, so I figured I would give these a try as I have been wanting something in tortoise and without any external branding. These fit the bill and the quality of construction seems very high for the price, blows my Ray Ban New Wayfarers out of the water. However....they seem really tall to me. Obviously the New Wayfarers I've been wearing are not big glasses, but these are even a little taller then my friends classic Wayfarers. Just can't decide if they work. Also, they are probably the most comfortable glasses I've ever had as I often have trouble with them being too tight on my temples....the slightly added width works really well for me in that regard.

photo7af.jpg

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm back. Sorry guys. I have been taking some time away from the computer to spend more time with the family. Back on track...

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
So...are these glasses too big for my face? These are Han Wolfgangs, which I just found out about recently thanks to the colab Blackbird did with them. I like the wayfarer style, played out or not, so I figured I would give these a try as I have been wanting something in tortoise and without any external branding. These fit the bill and the quality of construction seems very high for the price, blows my Ray Ban New Wayfarers out of the water. However....they seem really tall to me. Obviously the New Wayfarers I've been wearing are not big glasses, but these are even a little taller then my friends classic Wayfarers. Just can't decide if they work. Also, they are probably the most comfortable glasses I've ever had as I often have trouble with them being too tight on my temples....the slightly added width works really well for me in that regard.

photo7af.jpg

I like the size. The depth of the lenses is a good proportion for you. It makes your face look less long and more round. Personally, I like the proportions of the frame and how it looks on you.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. They are just a big enough change from what I'm used to that I needed some reassurance that they weren't a bad fit for my face.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndivijualEyewear
What do you think about Indivijual custom eyewear? It's a company that builds its frames completely from scratch by taking precise measurements of your face that you can actually do with their tool kit they send to your house.

I don't know much about them. I just know that they do provide a custom frame. I haven't handled them personally. I haven't seen them at any trade shows either. I will keep my eyes peeled at the upcoming show though.

But in all honesty, there are tons of off-the-shelf frames that will fit equally well. It is only worth it if you know exactly what you want and you only one that particular style.

my 2 cents.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. They are just a big enough change from what I'm used to that I needed some reassurance that they weren't a bad fit for my face.

No worries. It looks like a good buy.

adidasfan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eckblk
CityConnection:

What's the word on Dita's quality, I'm thinking about purchasing two pair at full retail. Let me know what you think.

Speaking of Dita.

Does anyone make anything identical to Dita but just cheaper?

Its way outta my price range but the quality is amazing.

jockinjayz

Reaction score
Hello.

Do you have any idea what the glasses the guy is wearing are? Thanks in advance.

HGTV-wine-and-design-2010-5.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads