• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO PURCHASE Club for MARCH 2011

Hans Cater

Reaction score
I am definitely in, I am just coming from the January and February No Purchase Club thread to shout out the fact that I successfully abstained all two months without a single purchase or repair, and was requesting that of March and here I am signing in for March too.

If I successfully go through march as well without any purchase then I am sure to be able to buy a new car very very soon.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last two weeks of the Jan-Feb edition almost killed me so I think I'll sit out March. Will be back for April though!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
In, but no DIY projects for me.

+1....will I get booted from the NPC if I don't make any alterations/repairs on my clothes? I'm not very handy when it comes to sewing, etc. and I don't feel like ruining any of my clothes just so I can join this. I'm in, but I think that not buying anything new will be good enough for me.

ericyangsays

Reaction score
I'm in got a lot of stuff in feb haha
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif
bigstar[1].gif

HarleyBob

Reaction score
I'm in; wait, no I'm not. No, I'm in. On second thought, no I'm not.

I'll tell you what, I will declare on April 1st whether I was in or not for March.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
+1....will I get booted from the NPC if I don't make any alterations/repairs on my clothes? I'm not very handy when it comes to sewing, etc. and I don't feel like ruining any of my clothes just so I can join this. I'm in, but I think that not buying anything new will be good enough for me.

You won't be booted for not maintaining your clothes. It is to encourage the younger and lesser experienced members to learn some skills.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
You won't be booted for not maintaining your clothes. It is to encourage the younger and lesser experienced members to learn some skills.

This strikes me as penny wise, pound foolish. If you must, it is perhaps less dangerous to pay someone a few bucks to get the basics done, and cut back on the extravagant purchases.
smile.gif

Oyaji

Reaction score
Is commissioning acceptable if delivery is to be later?

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I joined in February convinced I wouldn't buy anything and ended up with two pairs of Rick Owens boots and three $1000+ pieces of outerwear. I can't wait to see what I'll unintentionally buy this month. Count me in.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oyaji
Is commissioning acceptable if delivery is to be later?

When does payment occur?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
This strikes me as penny wise, pound foolish. If you must, it is perhaps less dangerous to pay someone a few bucks to get the basics done, and cut back on the extravagant purchases.
smile.gif

I have to disagree with you. Paying someone else to do basics that you could easily do yourself is a waste of money. Learn to be a miser and you'll have earned money just by saving it. D.I.Y. excersizes your mind and develops hand-eye coordination. Why rot on a sofa watching TV when you can rot on the sofa listening to the TV and sew a few buttons in the process.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
I have to disagree with you. Paying someone else to do basics that you could easily do yourself is a waste of money. Learn to be a miser and you'll have earned money just by saving it. D.I.Y. excersizes your mind and develops hand-eye coordination. Why rot on a sofa watching TV when you can rot on the sofa listening to the TV and sew a few buttons in the process.
To each his own, I guess. I would rather spend the (precious little) free time I get doing things that I enjoy, and I can assure you that sewing my clothes does not figure anywhere. Plus, I do not own a TV -- it is hard to sew when reading a book or climbing a mountain.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads