• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Menswear Lecture at Fashion Institute March 2

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.fitnyc.edu/335.asp#Dressing_the_Man Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion ~ Alan Flusser Wednesday, March 2, 6pm Katie Murphy Amphitheatre Fred P. Pomerantz Art and Design Center, first floor Join best-selling author and Coty Award-winning designer Alan Flusser as he shares his encyclopedic knowledge of menswear and discusses the principals underlying the Art of Permanent Fashion. The designer of Michael Douglas's wardrobe for his legendary character Gordon Gekko in the movie Wall Street, Mr. Flusser will explain the do's and don'ts of buying and wearing stylish clothes, as well as the formation of an individual dressing style that transcends the fickleness of fashion's momentary appeal. A book signing will follow. I take Textile Science courses at FIT and I had asked them if they were interested in having Alan speak there, when I used to work for him. As most people know I no longer work for him and someone else now takes care of his PR, so I am posting this for generally info. From what Alan has told me he is going to be talking about things that elaborate his points of view as well as take questions. The whole point is to get young menswear (and everyone else) students a reality check on what men should be looking like. My Best, Paolo

Godot

Reaction score
This looks really interesting. If I was anywhere near NYC, I'd go in a shot. Would love to hear a review of event.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just want to bump this up a little- It's starting to fill up so please RSVP ASAP to get a seat!

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So who signed up?

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see SF is going to have a presence. The way it's looking, it's going to be an unofficial SF meetup in the end.

Montauk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
Glad to see SF is going to have a presence. The way it's looking, it's going to be an unofficial SF meetup in the end.

Will our 2" cuffs be enough to identify each other? Perhaps we should leave all our left sleeve buttons undone? Sock garters worn over the trousers like Agnelli? Gray flannel nosegays?

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost sold out, but some tickets still available!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DSC07409.JPG
AFlus.jpg
Alan-Flusser.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics