• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get Tramezzas Resoled

Storm33

Reaction score
I did a number of searches in SF for information on where to get my Ferragamo Tramezzas resoled - (Tramezza +resoled / Tramezza +reconditioned / Tramezza +repair) - and did not find any information, so I apologize if such a thread exists.

If anyone can provide information on where to send my Tramezzas for a factory resole I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Storm33
I did a number of searches in SF for information on where to get my Ferragamo Tramezzas resoled - (Tramezza +resoled / Tramezza +reconditioned / Tramezza +repair) - and did not find any information, so I apologize if such a thread exists.

If anyone can provide information on where to send my Tramezzas for a factory resole I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Not sure about the factory, but Nick at B Nelson could do just as good, if not better job putting on new JR's and conditioning and such.

Storm33

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Not sure about the factory, but Nick at B Nelson could do just as good, if not better job putting on new JR's and conditioning and such.

Thanks for the advice. I checked and found some threads on his work - some satisfied SF customers!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH

would you trust him resoling some Lobbs?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
I sent him some Edward Greens

sounds like he does good work then.

Storm33

Reaction score
Here are the shoes in question:

IMG_9741.jpg

I really just need to have the rubber portions replaced; the uppers and leather portions of the soles and heels are in good condition.

IMG_9742.jpg

I'll try to get Nick to look at them and see what can be done.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have always brought them into the Ferragamo store. They send them to a place in NY (at least from Philly), they do good work, and they are surprisingly inexpensive.

If you have a local Ferragamo store, I would try that.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lucky dude, these are pre-topied. Just a glue job away.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For that you can just have any local cobbler do it. I mean they can just cut out the middle topy portion and cut out the rubber topy in the same size and glue it right in.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Storm33
facepalm.gif

Back at you for stitching a rubber sole on... this is a mess and replacing the rubber won't fix it.

Storm33

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Back at you for stitching a rubber sole on... this is a mess and replacing the rubber won't fix it.

What are you talking about? I bought these new; they came stitched from the factory. The rubber portion has the Ferragamo signature molded into it. I want it redone correctly.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
would you trust him resoling some Lobbs?

The Lobb store in Manhattan actually recommends B Nelson for resoling if you don't want to send it back to the factory, so yes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads