• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered a pair of Viccel socks on Feb 12 since they have a color that I have been hunting for. Received on Feb 26. I must say I am disappointed.

- They run big, very big. My shoes size is 8, and I ordered 7.5-8. But they're huge for my feet. They probably fit 9.5-10.
- They are thin, very thin, even though I ordered the winter weight. I have been using wool socks from Robert Talbott and Pantherella, and the thickest are Pantherealla, then Robert Talbott.
- They're over the knee, not over the calf. Looks like women's socks.

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Ordered a pair of Viccel socks on Feb 12 since they have a color that I have been hunting for. Received on Feb 26. I must say I am disappointed.

- They run big, very big. My shoes size is 8, and I ordered 7.5-8. But they're huge for my feet. They probably fit 9.5-10.
- They are thin, very thin, even though I ordered the winter weight. I have been using wool socks from Robert Talbott and Pantherella, and the thickest are Pantherealla, then Robert Talbott.

It's true, they are very thin. I'm surprised you found the winter weight to be too thin though. I found that thickness to be just perfect to where my legs and feet can still breath very well and my feet never get sweaty.

I believe someone mentioned earlier in this thread about their socks being a bit large as well. He dried them via the dryer (maybe on low heat?) and they now fit him perfect. As for the length, there were some complaints about the OTCs still not being long enough so I believe Viccel started making them a bit longer. I am a rather stocky person myself so the length increase does go a bit far but I found it doesn't bother me at all.

All in all, sorry to hear your displeasure of the socks. I'm glad to have come across these, especially for the low price per pair

Hans Cater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BareSolid
Oh I don't have much hope for the delivery of things in general. The poor old Post Office workers have been striking a lot lately, the postmasters are working them to the bone apparently.

What is preventing the postmasters from hiring young post office workers. I have always doubted why almost all post workers are always so old!
ffffuuuu.gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have size 7 feet and the small size (7-7.5) do not seem too big for me. They're also no longer than any of my other OTC socks; they're slightly longer than would be necessary to reach my knee, but not long enough to actually go over my knee, and all my OTC socks are a similar length as my legs just aren't particularly long. I don't see how you could get them over your knee unless you're about 5'2".

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I have size 7 feet and the small size (7-7.5) do not seem too big for me. They're also no longer than any of my other OTC socks; they're slightly longer than would be necessary to reach my knee, but not long enough to actually go over my knee, and all my OTC socks are a similar length as my legs just aren't particularly long. I don't see how you could get them over your knee unless you're about 5'2".

I am 5"6 with normal body proportion. The socks reach over my knees about 2-3 inches.

I handwashed the socks yesterday with really hot water and some agitation to shrink them. They shrunk to about size 8.5-9. Lengthwise, they still cover my knees, so I have to rolled the top down. It maybe the case that they sent me wrong size (though I checked the label that came with it, it is 7.5-8).

HarleyBob

Reaction score
I am 5"6 with normal body proportion. The socks reach over my knees about 2-3 inches.

I handwashed the socks yesterday with really hot water and some agitation to shrink them. They shrunk to about size 8.5-9. Lengthwise, they still cover my knees, so I have to rolled the top down. It maybe the case that they sent me wrong size (though I checked the label that came with it, it is 7.5-8).

It's your own fault. You shouldn't have purchased the Viccel soccer/football socks. They always come up over the knee, then you need to fold them down so they are rest just above your shin guards. Next time, order the Viccel dress socks if you plan to wear them with a suit.

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob
It's your own fault. You shouldn't have purchased the Viccel soccer/football socks. They always come up over the knee, then you need to fold them down so they are rest just above your shin guards. Next time, order the Viccel dress socks if you plan to wear them with a suit.

Ha! Along those lines, my recent order of blue socks arrived and my fiancee took one look and said, "Those look like soccer socks." She has a point, nonetheless....I'm wearing them as I type. I also got a pair of the Sky Blue and they are ideal.

Onix,

Based on your height, I can definitely see how the socks may be too long for you. Perhaps you can suggest to Kemal that they start to carry varying lengths of OTC? I am only 5'9'' and they come up just a tad high (nearly half way to my knee) but they don't stay there and it doesn't cause any wrinkling.

EDIT: Added a pic!

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarleyBob

Are you nuts? "100% Merino Wool Dress Socks" equate soccer socks?

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Are you nuts? "100% Merino Wool Dress Socks" equate soccer socks?

Are you serious? You didn't wear your shin guards today! 100% Merino Wool is always used for soccer/football socks in colder climates.

And yes, I am nuts, but it has nothing to do with Viccel socks.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Kemal,

Just wanted to say once again how entirely impressed I am with your socks! The new ones I ordered arrived today and I've been wearing them all weekend while traveling. Nothing like having comfy feet when you're stuck on a train for 5 hours. Thanks again!

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I found my Viccel socks holding up much better than Dore Dore.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a couple pair of the winter weight socks to try. Since they're so thin, I'm hoping that the winter weight will be fine for summer.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
I ordered a couple pair of the winter weight socks to try. Since they're so thin, I'm hoping that the winter weight will be fine for summer.

I bought a mix of winter and summer weight and I don't think I've ever noticed a difference wearing them in the summer. I think summers in Turkey are a wee bit hotter to actually make that difference matter (and I live in the South).

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just ordered some winter weight, half a size smaller.
realized though that I still fall between a Size SMALL 7.5-8, so that didn't matter did it?

4 weeks to wait now at least!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics