• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's pretty slick. I like it.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^how2casualtie

i also think tapered jawnz would look nice on SVB. It wouldn't make him look so bottom heavy in his pics.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stanley VB's aesthetic suits him very well i think, but he would greatly benefit from going to the gym to give himself a slightly better frame for the clothes to hang on.
squarer shoulders, more drop, slightly bulkier thighs would make that outfit look 100x better (not that it's bad as it is).
Didn't fuji say somewhere that the major part of his 'transformation' was down to working out/bulking up.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
MoK fits are consistently good and photography is excellent -- great detail.
Thanks - I'm still experimenting and having fun.
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren

Here's today:

IMG_2205.jpg

Ray Ban
BOO
APC
Keds

and a rare sight from my rooftop:

IMG_2201.jpg
[/[/SPOILER]

I don't know how you get to work with hills like that so near by - I'd want to be out there walking all the time.

Anyway as it seems to be dissect SvB day I'll chuck in my hopefully constructive thoughts:

The vibe you give off to me is 1950's clean cut American on vacation, which I find quite refreshing and like. If that's the look you're trying to achieve you've done it (find a vintage Airstream to use as a backdrop and you'll get bonus points).

If you're after a more rugged workwear look, your problems are your age, build and any job restrictions on hair. I'm lucky in that I'm ugly, old, grizzled and big
wink.gif
. Yes to a degree you can get bigger, bulking up through food and exercise but your lifestyle may not fit it. Layering shirts over T's, wearing outerwear would add volume though. Growing a beard and untamed hair will add age and roughness, but might not suit work.

Personally I look rumpled in a fresh suit and shirt, you might still look tidy in beat up clothes.

Go with what you like, your fits are good.

Originally Posted by shahanshah
i always imagine you as a daring type, perhaps having swam the channel or better yet jumped across in a wingsuit

laugh.gif
I used to be more active when I was younger, but quite to that degree
smile.gif

Since ending up with a bent elbow and a shoulder held together with a lump of titanium in a cycling accident I lead quite a sedate life with walking my main form of exercise.

Originally Posted by snake
Bundled myself up into a near cocoon last night, **** coat check.

MA Julius puffy coat
Stephan Schneider alpaca scarf
DBSS sweater
Individual Sentiments wool/cashmere pants

uerKn.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Nice use of textures.
Originally Posted by wurlwyde
IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg
[/SPOILER]Vintage pillow case
Kenneth Cole Reaction lounge pants
Common Projects

Don't know what to make of this, but I agree that it needs at least one other layer and different footwear.
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
183316_203300106349942_100000098613368_824172_6251805_n.jpg
Checking out a flea market in hollywood,
bought a big old backpack from a grumpy old man.
That backpack's a great find.
Originally Posted by reezy
Those iron rangers looking goood!
Thanks. They fill a low maintenance gap my English boots don't meet.
Originally Posted by zissou

MoK- I received the second (smaller) UW vest, and it fits great. Half of the buttons were ready to fall off right out of the package, though
ffffuuuu.gif

Good news on the fit. I might have just got lucky but touch wood the buttons on mine are solid.
Originally Posted by autobot_tom
ut
apc
pbj
conv
_DSC0050-1.jpg
Not sure about the retro T, but everything works together.
Originally Posted by grit
bomberfit2.jpg
Same jacket, different fit:
Vintage bomber, tie & clip
Engineered Garments
Iron Heart
Wolverine
Blurry face on left because it's a wide angle pic and looks weird
Tie would work with chinos, it doesn't with the jeans.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Forgive the awkward ass pose (sleeves are too long and not shortened yet) and the thunder thighs!
also don't like the shoes (too much distressing imo) hence only showing half of them
any critique (constructive or destructive) very much appreciated
lurker[1].gif

001-1.jpg

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by autobot_tom
ut apc pbj conv
_DSC0050-1.jpg

Is that a Leica M8????

coldforge

Reaction score
kwoyeu, jacket looks a little big overall. Not sure one way or the other about the shoulders, but I see a lot of room around your armpits, and the bottom of the front (quarters, they're called?) seems to hang down very slack, overlapping in a way that suggests extra fabric.

I like the color choices, though.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
Forgive the awkward ass pose (sleeves are too long and not shortened yet) and the thunder thighs!
also don't like the shoes (too much distressing imo) hence only showing half of them
any critique (constructive or destructive) very much appreciated
lurker[1].gif

001-1.jpg

When you get the sleeves shortened get the arms taken in (slimmed) as well, although I've a horrible feeling the jacket might be a size or half-size too large on you.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psydelik
Quick snap before heading over to the girlfriends place. http://img37.imageshack.us/i/1061654.jpg/ Brand rundown: H&M beanie Nudie jacket thrifted oxford Zara chinos Band of Outsiders boatboots
^ do not click this link. I got popups and some "free" security analysis that briefly took over my computer. Thanks pal. Imbed your photos next time. edit: evidently it worked for Lane. but I am not clicking it again.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
kwoyeu, jacket looks a little big overall. Not sure one way or the other about the shoulders, but I see a lot of room around your armpits, and the bottom of the front (quarters, they're called?) seems to hang down very slack, overlapping in a way that suggests extra fabric.

I like the color choices, though.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
When you get the sleeves shortened get the arms taken in (slimmed) as well, although I've a horrible feeling the jacket might be a size or half-size too large on you.

many thanks for the feedback coldforge and MoK. The jacket is indeed on the loose-fitting side, though sadly it is the smallest size I could get (it's an XS and I believe the exact same as this one). Ugh being a small dude sucks (I'm not even *that* small though at 5"8' & 145, but still). I kind of like the color so I guess I'll keep it and try having it altered as per both of your suggestions (i.e. chest, quarters, sleeve width / length).

Here's me in what I hope is a better-fitting jacket (a BoO 36). I guess it still needs altered somewhat, but hopefully not too drastically
cold[1].gif

xx21-1.jpg

Psydelik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
^ do not click this link. I got popups and some "free" security analysis that briefly took over my computer. Thanks pal. Imbed your photos next time. edit: evidently it worked for Lane. but I am not clicking it again.
Sorry man! Didn't know it did that. How would I embed it? Edit: got it.
1061654.jpg

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
^ do not click this link. I got popups and some "free" security analysis that briefly took over my computer.

Thanks pal. Imbed your photos next time.

edit: evidently it worked for Lane. but I am not clicking it again.

Strange, it worked fine for me. I hadn't read your warning, so don't take me checking out the link to mean I ignored you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads